Differently equiped units question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Differently equiped units question

I know if the book it has the example of the shooting, and allocating wounds on models that are differently equiped. Such as 1 vet serg, with power weapon, 2 missile launcher guys, and 2 bolters.

I was wondering in close combat does this equipment matter? Lets says i take 2 wounds, but on the serg. Would I still have to allocate the wound onto another model?

Somehow i dont think this rule applies in close combat. unless its an IC in the group.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

That Which Has No Time Red Archer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    531 (x8)

The rules do apply in close combat too.

If you take wounds on any models that are part of the squad (independent characters are an exception as they act as a unit of their own in close combat even if they have joined a squad) then you have to allocate all of these wounds to all the models in your squad as described on page 25 of the main rulebook, even in close combat.
    This is specifically stated for close combat on top of page 39 of the main rulebook.

UnderWater Ninja-Tiger .. Xpyre35's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x3)

As with what Red stated. In CC, attackers don't hit specific models. All wounds are identified, then placed across the squad, then models take their saves.

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Xpyre35 View Post
    As with what Red stated. In CC, attackers don't hit specific models. All wounds are identified, then placed across the squad, then models take their saves.
    correct. for a bit more clarification: all wounds are identified per initiative step, (important if it varies amongst the unit e.g. power fists)
    then allocated per sub unit, (group of identically equipped member of the unit. (Identically equipped does not include sgnts etc - they also stand out even if they hold the same armament)
    and wounds are allocateed and saves taken. remove casualties / apply wounds for each failed save.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Xpyre35 View Post
    The exception, of course, being ICs, that can be targeted individually.

Techincally you allocate wounds to a unit, but in CC an IC is considered a different unit, so if you want any attacks to hit it you must allocate attacks to it. This is not the case with shooting attacks, where if the IC is joined to another unit he can't be targeted specifically.
    Necron Army Building Maxima: Beware of Phase Out
    Tervigon Conversion

UnderWater Ninja-Tiger .. Xpyre35's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Lemt View Post
    The exception, of course, being ICs, that can be targeted individually.

Techincally you allocate wounds to a unit, but in CC an IC is considered a different unit, so if you want any attacks to hit it you must allocate attacks to it. This is not the case with shooting attacks, where if the IC is joined to another unit he can't be targeted specifically.
    Right right. I didn't repeat the IC thing as it was already stated. And the OP, was asking regarding the

Lets says i take 2 wounds, but on the serg.
    I interpreted this to mean the Sgt. took two wounds, which though being a part of a sub-group within in the squad, these wounds would still be spread across the entire squad, prior to doubling up on the Sgt.

+ Reply to Thread