Question about wold guard squad numbers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Question about wolf guard squad numbers

Obviously wolf guard can break off and lead their own units, however my question is, after breaking up has occured, do wolf guard units still need to adhere to the 3 man minimum listed in their entry.

The reason I ask is that for one of my lists, I take a 5 man unit so that I can have a cyclone missile launcher terminator attach to a squad, but I attach 4 of the 5 total. Thus I would have one lonely wolf guard who can't attach to a unit (there are no extra units). Is this legal?

My guess is that it would be, since you buy the unit first and then split off as the game starts, making all sorts of random things possible, including wolf guards of one or two men. However, I just wanted to double check here in case it ever came up during a game.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by DogofWar1; October 21st, 2009 at 22:21. Reason: I can't type words right

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

Thats a good question. My gut reaction would be that after all the splitting off, the pack still needs to be atleast 3 strong. But, are pack members that split off still considered part of the WG pack for the composition requirement? If not, the WG pack needs to be atleast 3 strong. But if so, you could have a lone WG model running around. (not that you'd really want to) I think this issue may need to be FAQ'd, because it is unclear.
    FYI: Lose=To not win Loose=To not be tight There=A place Their=A person's They're=They are

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

hmm
    Last edited by MC Bone Giant; October 22nd, 2009 at 00:59. Reason: Arrrgh! Internets/LO Hiccup = Double Post.
    FYI: Lose=To not win Loose=To not be tight There=A place Their=A person's They're=They are

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

The codex does not state that a remainder unit must be at least 3-strong. The legal requirement only comes in when you are selecting your WG unit. You must have the minimum number in that squad. After that, you allocate the individual models as and where you wish. Should you have any remaining from your original unit then they may go ahead and operate in a reduced squad.

The chances are that you would join an IC to the remaining WGs anyway.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

+ Reply to Thread