Flyer height and shooting - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    2 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

191 (x3)

Flyer height and shooting

Posted this here because of lack of respose in the supplements section... anyways..

I have a Tau remora, barracuda and eldar pheonix. How do most people measure shoot to and from the flyer. If you have a cool stand that puts the model up several feet in the air there are some weapons that may not even have any range to hit a target.
    For example, the Barracuda. 18 inch burst cannons.. Now measuring on my current stand it flys at 8 inches. From gun tip to target base its effetive range is 16 inches. If I were to raise the barracuda to 18 inches its effective range is just about nothing.

I know this works two ways and also helps your flyer for when people shoot at you. But I want to get the most effect I can for my overpriced, over pointed, forgeworld stuff and bring as many weapons to bear I can vs. the enemy.

So how do all of you figure out ranges when using flyers? Tru line of sight, measure from base, measure where range would be if model was on the ground?????? Or some other way?

NECRON Army List Builder a Free excel capable list generator for 5th and 6th ed. 11/2011
    Necrons - 6000 points, Tau - 6000, Daemons - 5250, Eldar - 4500, Blood Angels - 5000
    Some pics form my hobby.

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

204 (x6)

When shooting at flyers, measure straight to the base because 12" of your range is automatically deducted to represent the height of the unit.

LOS and cover are ignored since the flyer is able to fly above it's targets and is assumed to be too high to gain cover from anything on the ground. If you have especially high terrain (like skyscrapers), you may need to create some house rules on the subject.

--•-My 40K projects-•--

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Northern Ireland
    5 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

596 (x8)

Deleted post. Beaten to the punch by K-R.

"Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

+ Reply to Thread