Who is in the picture from hardcover rule book? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who is in the picture from hardcover rule book?

On pages 98 and 99 of the new rule book (hardcover edition ) there is a picture of 3big space marines. Which i am assuming are primearchs who is the man in the middle?if its not raven Guards corax who is it? Kind regards

I'm Batman

W1 / L1 / D1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x3)

Nah, not primarchs
    The guy in the middle is most likely Torquemada, because of the whole inquizition thing, and the pet eagle.
    Yes, I did deep-strike your sister...
    Necrons : W-8 D-3 L-7 (Sleeping in their TombFoam, waiting for a new codex)
    Chaos Forces (CSM/CD): W-42 D-19 L-28
    Apocalypse Games : W-4 D-0 L-1 (4 Titans, Brass Scorp, 3 Baneblades, 2 Bombers, 3 Fighters, and a Partrage in a Pear Tree)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x3)

(Could a mod please move this to the fluff section, it seems more appropriate there. Thanks)

The guy on the left is an Ultramarine (albiet he doesn't appear to be Calgar), probably the representative of the Space Marines. Next guy is mostly likely Torquemada, representing the Inquisition. Then we have someone from the Adeptus Mechanicus, possibly the Fabricator General himself. It's hard to tell who the next guy is, but he's probably the Lord Militant
    "The sergeant major asked me what my job is. I told him it's to do what I am told. He gave me a medal. I like the Imperial Guard."
    "Innocentia Probat Nihil"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

160 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Stradius View Post
    (Could a mod please move this to the fluff section, it seems more appropriate there. Thanks)

The guy on the left is an Ultramarine (albiet he doesn't appear to be Calgar), probably the representative of the Space Marines. Next guy is mostly likely Torquemada, representing the Inquisition. Then we have someone from the Adeptus Mechanicus, possibly the Fabricator General himself. It's hard to tell who the next guy is, but he's probably the Lord Militant
    Looks nothing like Calgar from any of the other drawings/paintings.
    And I doubt its the Fabricator General, doens't look modified enough to be him.
    And the last guy I agree with you on, he's not even in power armor.
    Apocalypse Games : W-4 D-0 L-1 (4 Titans, Brass Scorp, 3 Baneblades, 2 Bombers, 3 Fighters, and a Partrage in a Pear Tree)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahh sorry about posting here, was unsure where to put it and just thought

Rule book….yes the rules section.

I know little about the fluff, and was looking into making a corax primearch ( which was going to be based on this image. )

So thanks for the heads up.

By chance do you guy s know where I could find an image of the Raven Guard Primearch himself?
    I'm Batman

W1 / L1 / D1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

The guy on the left is an Ultramarine (albiet he doesn't appear to be Calgar), probably the representative of the Space Marines.
    From the 1st company by the Tyranid head on his shoulderguard.

Ahh sorry about posting here, was unsure where to put it and just thought

Rule book….yes the rules section.

I know little about the fluff, and was looking into making a corax primearch ( which was going to be based on this image. )

So thanks for the heads up.

By chance do you guy s know where I could find an image of the Raven Guard Primearch himself?
    Corax is presumed dead. After the close of the Horus Heresy he committed suicide due to guilt of creating 'growling monsters'. The details are scetchy.

Anyway, my point is Corax is by all accounts dead, and fielding him may raise some eyebrows. Or you could just say you're force is preheresy, in which case go wild!

I can't find a picture of him either. My google-fu is weak.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply,

I was just hoping with fingers crossed that this was him. Never mind.

I wasn’t planning on using him in a game, more just that ive recently finished building a Raven Guard Army, ( well over 4000points) and they will no longer fit into my storage case.

To build Corax would have been the final trophy to have for a finished army.

Before starting anther one, looking likely to be chaos demons but not so sure yet.

I have managed to find some truly stunning models people have made of him from a variety of places.

However was just nto sure if the guy had wings or not.

From my understanding he landed on a mining planet that he eventually led a rebellion on, teaching the people the art of gorilla warfare etc. using the tools to hand ( ie mining equipment – I had a very cool idea of creating an industrial type of pick axe hand claw weapon thing later inspiring the raven guard in lightening claws.)

The beautiful models I have seen seem to depictive him after he has been given armour be the emperor, all ornate etc.

If any one has read some books which describe him at all would love to hear about it, or any self doodles you guys may have done J

Kind Regards
    I'm Batman

W1 / L1 / D1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

As far as I know none of those are named characters. They're simply artistic representations of four Imperial institutions: the Marines, the Inquisition, the Mechanicus and the guy on the far right looks like a Guard commander.

Warhammer art typically has little or no correlation to the background it describes, as they're produced by different people. Also, one is designed to read well and the other is designed to look good. Like the cover art on fantasy novels that doesn't have any connection to the plot. It's there so you point and go "ooh."

That said, the details are mostly accurate. Its subjects are just anonymous.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

160 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by kroxigor01 View Post
    From the 1st company by the Tyranid head on his shoulderguard.

Wasn't the 1st company wiped out in that fight?
    He's not in terminator armor either.
    Could be from the 4th company, they faught the nids in the 2nd ultramarines book.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Just throwing in, Corax does NOT have wings. He's just a regular ol' (albeit awesome) Primarch. I believe Sanguinius was the only winged one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast