Librarium Online Forums banner

Discrepancies about the fleet special rule

13K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  English Nickel 
#1 ·
Ok, I think I've been playing wrong this whole time. If a model has fleet, like say, an Eldar Dire avenger squad, and their weapons are assault, does that mean that I can Move 6 inches in the movement phase, Shoot, run, and assault? And can I assault toward a squad if I don't get in assault range?

#2 ·
The Fleet special rule just means that you can assault if your unit ran in the Shooting Phase instead of firing weapons. P.75 BRB.

You cannot fire weapons AND run, however. The boxout at the top of P.16 BRB makes this point.

If the unit does not have "Fleet" and it chooses to run in the Shooting Phase, then it may NOT assault the enemy in the Assault Phase. See P.16 BRB again.

If the unit does have the "Fleet" rule, then it may assault an enemy unit after running. See P.75 BRB.

If you are out of range of an assault, then you may not move in the assault phase (some special units have rules which override this, like Tau battlesuits). See P.34 BRB, last three lines of 2nd paragraph of "Moving Assaulting Models".

E.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.