Discrepancies about the fleet special rule - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Discrepancies about the fleet special rule

Ok, I think I've been playing wrong this whole time. If a model has fleet, like say, an Eldar Dire avenger squad, and their weapons are assault, does that mean that I can Move 6 inches in the movement phase, Shoot, run, and assault? And can I assault toward a squad if I don't get in assault range?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

The Fleet special rule just means that you can assault if your unit ran in the Shooting Phase instead of firing weapons. P.75 BRB.

You cannot fire weapons AND run, however. The boxout at the top of P.16 BRB makes this point.

If the unit does not have "Fleet" and it chooses to run in the Shooting Phase, then it may NOT assault the enemy in the Assault Phase. See P.16 BRB again.

If the unit does have the "Fleet" rule, then it may assault an enemy unit after running. See P.75 BRB.

If you are out of range of an assault, then you may not move in the assault phase (some special units have rules which override this, like Tau battlesuits). See P.34 BRB, last three lines of 2nd paragraph of "Moving Assaulting Models".

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x3)

ahhh. I'm to slow. Eiglepupler is correct
    Last edited by Tyfus; December 29th, 2009 at 16:33. Reason: To slow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for making that clear. But crap. Now I need to re-think my strategies....

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by English Nickel View Post
    Thank you for making that clear. But crap. Now I need to re-think my strategies....
    I curious to know what they were - were you thinking of running & failed assaulting towards distant units to cover more ground?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

It would seem that the 'shooting and running' is at fault here not the 'failed assault' move.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
    I curious to know what they were - were you thinking of running & failed assaulting towards distant units to cover more ground?
    My strategy was WAYYYY off. I was moving as normal, shooting, running, and then taking the extra 6 inch assault. no matter how far away the enemy was. MAJOR ISSUES. But No more cheddar for me. I dunno whether to be happy or not... :/

+ Reply to Thread