Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Let's say one Drop Pod is about to deep strike. I pick a location, roll for scatter, and place the Drop pod in a suitable location. Here is where some problems may arise:
1. Does the Drop Pod have to be able to open all it's doors? Can I leave some closed and open others?
2. If there is not enough room to open all doors fully (to the ground) without touching impassable terrain or models, must the Drop Pod adjust it's trajectory towards or away from the selected location so it can (add or subtract inches from scatter roll)? This could potentially be quite a distance.
3. The occupants must disembark. Can the doors be shut after disembarking? Or can they only disembark from open doors? (see 1)
4. When disembarking, do the models have to be placed within 2" of the hull or the doors?
5. When enemy models are moving, do the doors count for "Cannot move within 1" of enemy models unless assaulting" or just the hull? If the enemy can move over these, does it count as difficult terrain?
In every game I've played, the doors are like wings on a model, just there to look good, but ignored on every other respect.
Yes, I did deep-strike your sister...
Necrons : W-8 D-3 L-7 (Sleeping in their TombFoam, waiting for a new codex)
Chaos Forces (CSM/CD): W-42 D-19 L-28
Apocalypse Games : W-4 D-0 L-1 (4 Titans, Brass Scorp, 3 Baneblades, 2 Bombers, 3 Fighters, and a Partrage in a Pear Tree)
The doors do not even need to open, you can glue them shut if you like. (Though the gun inside will have no LoS.)
The Disembarking rules do not require any hatches or doors to be open for models to exit a vehicle. They just have to be within 2" of the door; "the door" being the opening.
Otherwise, most transports would allow extra Disembark distance by throwing out hatches and then measuring 2".
EDIT: Basically, what Nhyx said.
"It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes