Titan close combat - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Titan close combat

I have a Warhound Titan, and have read the rules (apoc p91-97, p125 Warhound) and played once at the "Tanksgiving" even at Games Workshop.

My question: How does a Titan do close combat vs 2 squads of Orcs for example.

Close combat against vehicles was awesome & relatively simple. But since it was tanksgiving, I didnt combat any troops.

As per my interpretation of the rules:
    1) It looks like I only get 1 attack, how is this possible?
    2) Lets say I stomp, is that done like Tank Shock, and applies across everywhere the Titan walked?
    3) If I stomped a the 2 Orc squads, does it count as a single attack against them all?

I feel like an idiot for asking, but it is frustratingly unclear. I keep meaning to ask when I am at a GW store. I guess I could call as well, but I like asking online.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by s00nertp View Post
    As per my interpretation of the rules:
    1) It looks like I only get 1 attack, how is this possible?
    2) Lets say I stomp, is that done like Tank Shock, and applies across everywhere the Titan walked?
    3) If I stomped a the 2 Orc squads, does it count as a single attack against them all?
    You only get one attack because... Well, you've only got one attack on your profile, plain and simple. Warhounds are built to shoot, not to fight!! You'll note that things like Stompas and Titans with Titan CCW's get more attacks because they're equipped for it.

Stomp is a special attack used instead of your regular attack (see the Gargantuan Creature rules), and it lets you make one attack against everything in base to base contact. So no, it's not at all like Tank shock, it only applies once you're engaged in an assault. Once you're stuck in, you start jumping on things.

Stomp really doesn't care about multiple squads and such. If there's 3 models in B2B, you make 3 attacks. If there's 50 models in B2B, you make 50 attacks! (allocated to the squads the models are from, of course!)

Remember that you always ignore armour, your attacks all count as Ordnance, and you share the same "Terrifying" rule as detailed in the rules for Gargantuan creatures. Oh, and you never lock in combat unless you're fighting another Gargantuan Creature or Super Heavy Walker.
    We've got plenty of youth... How about a fountain of smart?

+ Reply to Thread