lash whip + acid blood, evil combo? or does not works - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lash whip + acid blood, evil combo? or does not works

lash whip + acid blood, evil combo? or does not works.

lash wip: says until the end of the assault phase will convert the initiative value to 1 to the minis base to base with it. (at least in the spanish codex)

acid blood: Enemy models that cause a wound to this model must pass an I test or take a wound, No AS allowed. Vehicles are glanced on a 4+)

decide.

BEST ARMY APPEARANCE AND OVERALL WINNER OF A LOCAL GW RTT (29-7-06) GODZILLA/CHOIR 2K ARMY LIST

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by mente enjambre View Post
    Lash whip + acid blood, evil combo? Or does not work?

Lash wip: says until the end of the assault phase will convert the initiative value to 1 to the minis base to base with it. (At least in the spanish codex.)

Acid blood: Enemy models that cause a wound to this model must pass an I test or take a wound, No AS allowed. Vehicles are glanced on a 4+.

Decide.
    I'm not 100% on this. There's nothing in the BRB that helps, and I don't have my new book on hand. The difference will be made in whether the Acid Blood entry says that the models "fight at Initiative 1", or it states that the actual characteristic is changed.
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by psichotykwyrm View Post
    I'm not 100% on this. There's nothing in the BRB that helps, and I don't have my new book on hand. The difference will be made in whether the Acid Blood entry says that the models "fight at Initiative 1", or it states that the actual characteristic is changed.
    You want to say Lash Whips entry?
    BEST ARMY APPEARANCE AND OVERALL WINNER OF A LOCAL GW RTT (29-7-06) GODZILLA/CHOIR 2K ARMY LIST

That Which Has No Time Red Archer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    531 (x8)

I don't have the new Codex: Tyranids here, so I can't check. But most commonly when the enemy models' initiative is reduced it reads something like "enemy models strike at initiative 1". Striking at a certain initiative is not equal to having that amount of initiative (for example a Space Marine with a power fist has I4 and would roll a test using his I4, though he strikes at I1 in close combat). If this is what the lash whip does (i.e. make opponents strike at I1), then this is not really reducing them to I1 and therefore they would still test on their normal initiative.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Archer View Post
    I don't have the new Codex: Tyranids here, so I can't check. But most commonly when the enemy models' initiative is reduced it reads something like "enemy models strike at initiative 1". Striking at a certain initiative is not equal to having that amount of initiative (for example a Space Marine with a power fist has I4 and would roll a test using his I4, though he strikes at I1 in close combat). If this is what the lash whip does (i.e. make opponents strike at I1), then this is not really reducing them to I1 and therefore they would still test on their normal initiative.
    It specify that the Lash Whip become/convert the enemy Initiative to 1 until the end of the assault phase.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    531 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by mente enjambre View Post
    It specify that the Lash Whip become/convert the enemy Initiative to 1 until the end of the assault phase.
    Yeah, but I'd like to see a quote of the rules of the English codex. No offense meant, but I know how crappy the German translations are, and that many mistakes are made when they convert the English documents into foreign languages. Judging by my German codex and rulebook, quite a handful of rules would be different! So without knowing the exact wording of the English codex I am reluctant to make a ruling here...

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Lash whip entry:
    "... counts their Initiative value as 1 until the end of the Assault phase, regardless of their actual Initiative value."

Seems like it's valid - though I believe only a Hive Tyrant can have that combination.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

531 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by moob View Post
    Lash whip entry:
    "... counts their Initiative value as 1 until the end of the Assault phase, regardless of their actual Initiative value."
    Thanks.
    Now we need a quote for the acid blood: is the initiative test taken at the end of the assault phase (when initiative has returned to its normal value), or is it taken immediately?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is not the same "at the end of the assault phase" and "until the end of the assault phase"?

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Archer View Post
    Now we need a quote for the acid blood: is the initiative test taken at the end of the assault phase (when initiative has returned to its normal value), or is it taken immediately?
    It just says for unsaved wounds in combat, but it's implied to be immediate because it goes on to say that wounds caused by acid blood count towards the combat resolution.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast