Bone sword vs multi wound unit - Warhammer 40K Fantasy
 

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!


Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    286
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    23 (x1)

    Bone sword vs multi wound unit

    Was wondering, say I take my Tyrant agains a unit of nobs, after wound alocation my tyrant has scored 3 wounds that go on 3 different models. Now just to make sure each one of them has to take a Ld test or die becuse this ability dosen't count as a Psy power theres no limit on how many times it can be used in a turn.


  2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Bugs'r us! Blood_Lord's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,242
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

    Yes, that is correct. It doesn't have a limit.
    'Thou shalt not refer to the Adeptus Soritas as "Bolter Bitches" nor shalt thou go anywhere near our sisters during the time of the "Red Rage," lest thou wishes to be the first human to enter orbit without the aid of a shuttle.'

  4. #3
    Son of LO psichotykwyrm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Panama City Beach, Florida
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,638
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

    Quote Originally Posted by chaospantz View Post
    becuse this ability dosen't count as a Psy power theres no limit on how many times it can be used in a turn.
    Thought I'd help point out the misconceptions I see, which may be what are causing misunderstandings.

    1. Of course it doesn't count as a Psychic Power. Its not a power at all, just a rule belonging to a piece of wargear.

    2. It is not used. It just happens. You, the Tyranid player, don't even have a choice whether the ability takes effect. (Besides putting boneswords in your list.)
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

  5. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    3 (x1)

    Quote Originally Posted by chaospantz View Post
    ...my tyrant has scored 3 wounds that go on 3 different models. Now just to make sure each one of them has to take a Ld test or die...
    Since nobs have 2 wounds each, wouldn't you allocate 2 wounds to one nob and then the remaining wound to another nob? Or does the leadership test rule of the bonesword turn the wounds into "instant death" type wounds, so you'd allocate one wound to each model? And if one wound gets allocated to each model, but all of the models pass the leadership tests so that none instantly die, then would you keep it as each nob taking 1 wound, or would you go ahead and compile those wounds to kill 1 nob and have another nob take 1 wound?

  6. #5
    That Which Has No Time Red Archer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Bavaria, Germany
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,451
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    531 (x8)

    Quote Originally Posted by jfrost View Post
    Since nobs have 2 wounds each, wouldn't you allocate 2 wounds to one nob and then the remaining wound to another nob? Or does the leadership test rule of the bonesword turn the wounds into "instant death" type wounds, so you'd allocate one wound to each model? And if one wound gets allocated to each model, but all of the models pass the leadership tests so that none instantly die, then would you keep it as each nob taking 1 wound, or would you go ahead and compile those wounds to kill 1 nob and have another nob take 1 wound?
    You have to allocate one wound on each model first, before allocating a second wound to one. Then, if a group of identical multi-wound models has suffered more than one hit, you remove entire models first. But I guess in this case (where three nobs had suffered one wound each) they were all differently equipped and thus not part of a group of identical models.

  7. #6
    Son of LO psichotykwyrm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Panama City Beach, Florida
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,638
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

    Also, each Instant Death causing wound takes out one whole model, when dealing with identical multi-wound models.
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

  8. #7
    Member Hockeyman506's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,648
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

    Quote Originally Posted by jfrost View Post
    Since nobs have 2 wounds each, wouldn't you allocate 2 wounds to one nob and then the remaining wound to another nob? Or does the leadership test rule of the bonesword turn the wounds into "instant death" type wounds, so you'd allocate one wound to each model? And if one wound gets allocated to each model, but all of the models pass the leadership tests so that none instantly die, then would you keep it as each nob taking 1 wound, or would you go ahead and compile those wounds to kill 1 nob and have another nob take 1 wound?
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Archer View Post
    You have to allocate one wound on each model first, before allocating a second wound to one. Then, if a group of identical multi-wound models has suffered more than one hit, you remove entire models first. But I guess in this case (where three nobs had suffered one wound each) they were all differently equipped and thus not part of a group of identical models.

    Actually both the above cases can be correct, it depends on the unit composition. If the ork player set up the squad to play "musics wounds" (IE Different wargear for each nob so that there is no majority of a single load-out) then Red Archer is correct.

    If the majority of the orks are identically equipped than jfrost is correct.


    I think this is right, anyway. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

  9. #8
    That Which Has No Time Red Archer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Bavaria, Germany
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,451
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    531 (x8)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyman506 View Post
    Actually both the above cases can be correct, it depends on the unit composition. If the ork player set up the squad to play "musics wounds" (IE Different wargear for each nob so that there is no majority of a single load-out) then Red Archer is correct.

    If the majority of the orks are identically equipped than jfrost is correct.


    I think this is right, anyway. Anyone have any thoughts on that?
    Read my post again, please. It includes the way how to (correctly) deal with groups of identical models. Though I realize having used the terms "wounds" and "hits" inconsistently (and incorrectly). Sorry for that inconvenience.

    You have to allocate hits to individual models (no matter whether there are other identical models, or not), and each and every model of the target unit has to be dealt one hit before any one is dealt a second. After rolling saving throws and thus having determined the number of wounds suffered, multiple wounds within groups of identical models will be dealt to one model of this group until it is removed, then to the next, so as to remove entire models first.

    But since in the above example there were three nobs each suffering a single wound, they must have been somehow differently equipped, and thus not part of a group of identical models, so that they can each (possibly, but not necessarily) suffer a wound before one is removed.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts