Reserves? and the edge of the world - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reserves? and the edge of the world

I play raven guard and most of my gaming club has caught on to my ability to 1st turn assault so they've been keeping their units in reserve.

Now just recently i decided to one-up the guys and i deployed all my infiltrators along there table edge.
    Now i know your allowed to tank shock onto the board but what happens when your tank suffers an immobilised or stunned result. Technically by the rules the tank is supposed to stop just in front of the unit which is on the table edge. Also what happens to infantry units that cant deploy from reserves.

I couldnt find anywhere in the BRB that said anything about reserves not being able to come on and what happens to them.

40k Ultramarines W-44 D-12 L-14 (This record is a combined from ArdBoyz and RogueTraderTourneys)
    Warhammer Choas DaemonsW-4 D-0 L-2

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

This question is really interesting. I play Raven Guard too and yours is a clever counter when the opponent decides to reserve everything. I would love for someone with more indepth knowledge of the rules to give this a look and decide on what is and isn't possible.

That Which Has No Time Red Archer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    531 (x8)

This exact problem has been discussed on this very forum some time ago. Please refer to this thread (Tank shock when arriving from reserve). I hope you will find your answer there! Thank you very much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    204 (x6)

Well, it seems like the Tank Shock move is still capable of being used "instead of" a normal move from reserves. So I'd say the TS is still legal, but in order to actually play it out, the players or tournament organizers would have to create a house rule for the eventuality of the tank not being able to get on the board due to DoG. The most popular choice is likely to be stunned causing the tank to have to wait until the next turn to attempt arriving again (stuck off the table until next turn), and immobilized tanks would have to stay off the table the whole game (which would count the same as being destroyed for all intents and purposes).

Anyway, just my 2¢.

--•-My 40K projects-•--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At my LGS out tournament organizer has ruled that if a unit doesn't make it all the way on the board then the unit is destroyed, and so is any other unit riding in that unit.

And if you do infiltrate to block your opponents board edge, and he can't tank shock you out of the way, then you win. He can never move models onto the board so they constantly go back into reserves. That's the down side to putting everything in reserves.
    "When Blood Speaks, Shadows Answer."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x3)

I would think for most armies with infiltrators, blocking an entire board edge would probably require you stretch your models out fairly thin in a single-file line. If that's the case (barring some very unlucky placement of impassable terrain on your part) just don't tank shock the models with the pfist or combi-melta! Lots of people seem to forget a model has to be in the physical path of the tank shock in order to perform DoG.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    204 (x6)

My Sergeant punches your tank into a piece of slag from across the board!
    Good call on that one, Charybdis. They'd have to have a power fist at pretty much every point along the edge! Ain't-a-gonna-happen.

Interestingly, even guns can't be used if they're not in the vehicle's path, even if they have range to it. Makes sense in light of the rules, but a little strange to think about at first. It's like the gun is being used as a close combat weapon.

--•-My 40K projects-•--

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

596 (x8)

Thanks to this thread, a small but extremely significant element of Tank Shock has been brought to my attention, namely that only a model which has had to move out of the way of the vehicle may make a DoG attack. I had completely missed that. Thanks, guys.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All my scout and tactical units have powerfists and combimeltas to counter the tank shock but i didnt know the tank shock was specific damn. So im guessing we wil just have to go with house rules on this. It is a rare oppurtunity to use this dirty trick so it doesnt happen all the time. Only really works against an all footslogger army in reserve. Which the space wolves players around here usually run.
    40k Ultramarines W-44 D-12 L-14 (This record is a combined from ArdBoyz and RogueTraderTourneys)
    Warhammer Choas DaemonsW-4 D-0 L-2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have read thru the rules, but i can find no reference to that Tanks shock needs to drive thru the model taking DoG. It states that you can make a DoG whit any model in the unit that you chose. if some one can clear this up for me. Then i m proven wrong, until then this tactic is allowed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast