Beasts and buildings - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beasts and buildings

hello there,

last friday i played a 40K game against an eldar army 1000 points with my space wolves. i haven't been playing 40K for a long time and use a list with a lot of wolves and thunder wolf riders. these units are beasts and cavalry type units, and my opponent said these units cannot go up or down storys in buildings and ruins. i expected him to be right because he's a very experienced player, but when i looked in the rule book some time later, i couldn't confirm anything of it.

my question: can anyone confirm it that beasts and cavalry connot go up or down storys in buildings and ruins, and please give me the page where i can find it.

thanks a lot

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

That Which Has No Time Red Archer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    531 (x8)

You won't find a quote in the rulebook that says "beasts and cavalry must not..." because it is a permissive ruleset. That means something does not need to be outlawed explicitly in order to be illegal. Instead, something has to be allowed explicitly in order to be legal.
    Unfortunately, the rulebook allows "only infantry, jump infantry, jetbikes, monstrous creatures, and walkers" to "move on the upper levels of a ruin". [Page 83, big rulebook.]

Buildings are an other issue entirely. Buildings can only be used by infantry, because they work like transports and in fact are nothing more than stationary, neutral transports that can be embarked on by either army. [Page 79, big rulebook.]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks red archer, that's what i needed to know, it's a shame my little wolves can't go upstairs though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Beasts and Cavalry move like Infantry (page 54brb) but do not have the unit type of ‘Infantry’ assigned to them so they may enter the lower floor of a Ruin only.

Perhaps this is where the confusion is coming from.

Cheers.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    191 (x3)

Which does you little solice if the objective is on the 3rd level.
    NECRON Army List Builder a Free excel capable list generator for 5th and 6th ed. 11/2011
    Necrons - 6000 points, Tau - 6000, Daemons - 5250, Eldar - 4500, Blood Angels - 5000
    Some pics form my hobby. http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r...arodragon/40k/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the objective wasn't on the second floor but in another area terrrain, but he had a unit of eldar rangers and a farseer on the second floor. i thought i could assault it with canis wolfborn and some wolves, but i was wrong. i'm thinking of altering my list a little, the only units in my army who can go to higher storys are grey hunters, the rest is tanks, fenrisian wolve and thunder cav. i'm thinking of dropping one of the four grey hunter units, and ad a rune priest a a unit of scouts to contest and be annoying

thanks

+ Reply to Thread