Swarmlord - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Swarmlord

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Swarmlord

Got two questions about the Swarmlord...

1) The Psychic Monstrosity rule says that the Swarmlord can use 2 psychic powers in a turn. However, it looks like all of his powers are considered psychic shooting attacks. I thought the rule book stated specifically that a model can only ever do one psychic shooting attack, even if they can use more than one power. Is that correct? Wouldn't that then make the Swarmlord's special rule useless?

2) Can the Swarmlord bestow the "Swarm Leader" ability to himself?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by ddombkow View Post
    1) The Psychic Monstrosity rule says that the Swarmlord can use 2 psychic powers in a turn. However, it looks like all of his powers are considered psychic shooting attacks. I thought the rule book stated specifically that a model can only ever do one psychic shooting attack, even if they can use more than one power. Is that correct? Wouldn't that then make the Swarmlord's special rule useless?
    MCs can use two shooting attacks per turn, as long as they're at the same target.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by ddombkow View Post
    Got two questions about the Swarmlord...

Check what's in parentheses at the end of that sentence in the rule book on page 50: "...(as models can fire only ranged weapon per turn)...

But the Tyrant is an MC, so he can fire two ranged weapons a turn so the next sentence applies: "...if he is allowed to fire more than one ranged weapon per turn, he can replace the firing of any of the weapons he is allowed to fire with a psychic shooting attack (but cannot use the same power twice). "

Most models can only use one psychic power, but the Swarmlord can use two. All this means is that as a model that can fire two ranged weapons and can use two psychic powers he can therefore use two psychic shooting attacks as long as they are different powers.

2) Can the Swarmlord bestow the "Swarm Leader" ability to himself?
    Huh. Good question. I suppose is a friendly unit and is within 18" of himself. From a fluff perspective, I'd say it doesn't fit. But by RAW, heh, I don't know.

Rep for asking that question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahh thanks for the responses. For some reason I thought the rule book said you could only fire one psychic shooting attack no matter what, not replace the firing "of any". Poor reading comprehension on my part, thanks for the clarification.

Yeah, seems kinda unfluffy, hard to say. The "Old Adversary" specifically mentions that it confers to the Hive Tyrant. "Swarm Leader" does not state that, but I guess he may still be considered a friendly unit within 18" of himself. *shrug* not sure on this one.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

I can't be 100% sure, but if he doesn't count as friendly and isn't within 18" of himself then I'd be highly surprised. As an opponent I'd let you do this no problem (although I'd not be happy about it, but that's my problem )
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    163 (x6)

I don't know about using it on himself, but if he has guards he should be able to use it on them. They are technically different units as it states under shieldwall, "I hive tyrant MAY join..." So they are not a required unit for him, per-say. When he joins the unit he is treated just like an independent character, so he should gain that ability right?

Idk if that works 100%, hah

I also am about 2000 miles away from my rule book... That doesn't help. Hah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x2)

On a related note, do Tyranid Warrior units benefit from each other's Synapse? As in, would they gain Fearless from each other?
    +++XENOS SPOTTED+++ thrilling battles within the Vitorina subsector: http://xenosspotted.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

403 (x8)

Do they not get fearless from themselves? I was under the impression synapse creatures counted as within their own radius, as they're effectely controlled by the Hive Mind directly.
    My Deathwatch Campaign

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x2)

That...makes a lot of sense. Although I figured that was represented by their monstrous leadership.
    +++XENOS SPOTTED+++ thrilling battles within the Vitorina subsector: http://xenosspotted.blogspot.com/

+ Reply to Thread