Help with Heavy Bolters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help with Heavy Bolters

Hi all, I ran into an issue after purchasing a devastator squad, I read on several posts that heavy bolters get several shots, however when I read my codex they only get one.. also I do not know what the numbers beside the weapon types mean.. such as "Heavy 1" or "Heavy 4"

Thanks in advance !

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heavy bolters are heavy 3, the 3 meaning the number of shots you get.'

Also if the weapon is heavy you cannot make a movment and then shoot it unless its on a tank, terminator, or any other special unit that says you can move and shoot heavy weapons.
    Space marines 6 dread army Wins: 4 ties:2 Loses:7 Modified Standard nilla marines Wins:37 Ties:8 Loses 42 Daemonhunters Wins:3 Ties:0 Loses:1 Full assualt concept army wins: 6 Ties: none Loses: 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Pest64 View Post
    Hi all, I ran into an issue after purchasing a devastator squad, I read on several posts that heavy bolters get several shots, however when I read my codex they only get one.. also I do not know what the numbers beside the weapon types mean.. such as "Heavy 1" or "Heavy 4"

Thanks in advance !
    The number by the weapon type indicates the number of shots the weapon gets, in the case of the Heavy Bolter it should say "Heavy 3," meaning it gets 3 shots. What are you reading that makes it look like they get only one shot?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol I obviously just never saw the part where it happened to mention the number of shots per weapon. I always assumed it was one

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

0_o

I feel sorry for anyone in your group that fields assault cannons...
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by realitycheque View Post
    0_o

haha, unfortunately I haven't yet found anyone to play 40k with. Been painting for at least 5 years and started with LOTR which I thought was awesome at the time... but something about superhuman warriors with huge weapons and kick arse firepower seemed more appealing Some of the rules are still fuzzy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by realitycheque View Post
    0_o

haha, unfortunately I haven't yet found anyone to play 40k with. Been painting for at least 5 years and started with LOTR which I thought was awesome at the time... but something about superhuman warriors with huge weapons and kick arse firepower seemed more appealing Some of the rules are still fuzzy

+ Reply to Thread