When to re-roll - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: When to re-roll

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When to re-roll

The question came up during army building, when I wanted to include chief libarian tigarius in my army, to increase chances of reserves arriving at the same time.

When I roll for reserve, do I have to roll the dice one at a time and decide to re-roll before moving on to the next unit?

On pp2 of the rule book the rules for re-roll are: ... pick up the dice you wish to re-roll and roll them again.
    It does not specify a time frame for this, like "just after you have rolled the dice", but it would be stupid if I could wait a turn, or until tomorrow!

The rules for rolling for reserve are (pp94): ...the player must roll a dice for each of his units in reserve... once all of the units have been rolled for, the player picks any one of the units arriving and deployes it... the he picks another unit...

The deployment of the units are clearly done one unit at a time. Rolling however, says nothing about one-dice-at-a-time.
    I could be using colour coded dice, and roll all reserves at the same time... or what?

Then after having seen the result of ALL my reserves, I could use tigarius to re-roll some, or all of the reserves.

Am I right in any of this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    204 (x6)

Agreed. You could use a different colored die for each unit and roll them all at the same time, then choose which ones to re-roll (helps limit wasted time and misunderstandings). I do that and place a similarly colored die next to each unit in reserves to make sure I don't forget which is which. But rolling one at a time is also acceptable in this case.

--•-My 40K projects-•--

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Krovin-Rezh View Post
    Agreed. You could use a different colored die for each unit and roll them all at the same time, then choose which ones to re-roll (helps limit wasted time and misunderstandings)
    That's what I do, but some people do insist you roll one at a time (mainly in order to make using reserve modifiers more difficult)
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

+ Reply to Thread