reg Dedicated transports and squad special rules. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    149 (x3)

reg Dedicated transports and squad special rules.

So,
    Im an Eldar player (and new to 5th edition rules). Farseer leading a squad, they are all in their dedicated transport.

1) Farseer casts Fortune on the transport to re-roll cover saves. Vehicle is destroyed. Does the embarked squad benefit from the Fortune as well? Is it cast on the unit or the vehicle?
    Is the transport and unit considered the same unit (assuming the unit is actually embarked in the transport)?

2) If so, would Exarch special abilities that state 'grants this ability to entire squad' also effect the transport (namely Tank Hunters)?

Again, I would assume that even if they are the 'same unit' this would only apply while the unit is embarked.

I assumed they were separate, but in the last tournament I was surprised when my opponent (and the tourney lead) stated my embarked unit gets the fortune save that was on the just destroyed Wave Serpent.

-John

Last edited by JMichael; March 5th, 2010 at 02:03.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    204 (x6)

Transports are considered separate units from the units embarked within them. A unit is either a single model or a squad/squadron that must maintain coherency. Independent characters are the exception and have special rules regarding this.

So in closing, Fortune does not affect the squad after the transport is destroyed, and Exarch special abilities do not affect the transport (it's neither in the squad or the same unit). Hope this helps!

--•-My 40K projects-•--

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    149 (x3)

Thanks,
    that's what I figured, but I wanted a second opinion.
    It would be a little crazy if the vehicle could benefit from Tank Hunters.

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

Just to add a page ref for you: P.92 BRB under "Multiple Unit Choices".

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

+ Reply to Thread