Blood Angel Rules Question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blood Angel Rules Question

Hi guys, managed to get a game in today using my blood angels (1750pts), came across a few interesting rule queries, the guy i played against is a seasoned tournmanet player (infact all the guys at this club are) , i just got back into the hobby so please dont flame me if these seem stupid questions :-

Question One ,

The Blood Lance (p63)
    Success in passing the test, vs the dark elder raider with a night shield (gives it the night fight rules) , do i subtract 6" from the 4d6 i rolled or does the night shield have no effect ? it states that blood lance is a "psychic shooting attack" , but im drawing a line not so much targeting a model.

Question Two ,

Death Mask (p50)

"reduce Weapon Skill to 1 for the duration of the Assault phase" presuming this means for both sets of attacks me hitting them , them hitting me.

there was a third query i had but cant read my hand writting, if anyone out there can help let me know ,

thanks

the Urban Panda Ninja

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanPandaNinja View Post
    the dark elder raider with a night shield (gives it the night fight rules)
    No it does not, all it does is add 6" to the distance when measuring range

do i subtract 6" from the 4d6 i rolled
    I'd say yes as IIRC the night shield merely says "when measuring range" as opposed to "when targetted". I will say though I'm not 100% sure on the wording.

Question Two ,

Death Mask (p50)

"reduce Weapon Skill to 1 for the duration of the Assault phase" presuming this means for both sets of attacks me hitting them , them hitting me.
    The assault phase starts the second you move models into contact, so the WS1 applies to all attacks made in that assault phase.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outsider View Post
    I'd say yes as IIRC the night shield merely says "when measuring range" as opposed to "when targetted".
    I think that it refers to measuring range to the unit.

Blood Lance does not measure range to a unit though. The 4d6" is merely the length/distance of the line, which need only contant an enemy to affect it.
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys good responces,

To the blood lance questions spoke to a couple of other guys, night fight dosn't effect things like template weapons only for range of a model to another , so blood lance shouldn't be effected as pointed out its just a straight line in one direction.

I thought I was right with the death mask question, but the guy i think was just trying to be cheesey, it was the unit of guard vs his whychs with a +1 ws combat drug , i just dont think he liked the idea that his wyches were useless . (however after three rounds of combat the wychs did win)

+ Reply to Thread