Imperial Guard Hellhammer rules... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imperial Guard Hellhammer rules...

Okay, so my friend has a Hellhammer in his 3,000 (ish) point Imperial Guard army. He claims to have a HUGE blast template when firing the Hellhammer Cannon. I don't believe him and would like a picture or trusted reference to the actual blast template used.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x3)

The Hellhammer does use the 7'' Massive Blast marker, but it's only usable in Apocalypse games. Did you agree to play Apocalypse rules, or was it just supposed to be a 3K game? If he just played it with out asking, he's an unbelievable cheater, and your only recourse is to find an old-school metal dreadnought, put it in a sock, and use it to beat the Cheat out of him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, we haven't actually played yet. xD But I might beat him anyways... Could you get a picture of this? Is it a 7"Diameter or Radius?

We'll be playing as apocalypse, me having 6 Troop Choices and 3 HQs, along with 5 Fast attacks...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

7" diamiter

It is a superheavy and the rules are included in the apocalypse expansion. If you are playing apocalypse he can, if you are just playing a large game with normal rules he may not as it is not in his codex.

Since you said you are playing apocalypse he can, if you dontr have the 7" blast marker you can just get your normal 5" one and throw your tape measure out an extra inch around it to see weather or not it gets "debatable" hits (you should be able to tell weather or not a model is within an inch of the templates ecdge, if theyre right on the line measure).

The Emperor Protects
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x3)

Apocalypse makes use of of a number specialized templates and markers, which you can buy at a hobby store. The large circular one is the 10'' Apocalyptic Blast marker, which also has markings for the 7'' Massive Blast marker. The one that looks like a Venn diagram of 5 large blast markers is the Apocalyptic Barrage marker. Lastly, the one that's an overgrown flamer template is the Hellstorm template.

Apocalypse Templates | Games Workshop

So it is legit, the Hellhammer uses the 7'' template. Though if you two are playing 1v1 and his list includes a super-heavy while yours doesn't, you might find yourself not having a lot of fun. Super-heavies are not designed to be balanced, and their points costs are often totally out of whack compared to their actual capabilities, especially for those with Destroyer weapons. If you're using a lot of Formations, you might be better off, but I generally don't recommend playing an Apocalypse game where only one side has super-heavies if you're trying to have a legitimate skill-based game. All that said, if you're just trying to tell a fun story or play out a cool scenario, more power to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm letting him use his Hellhammer on the condition that he let me use my Hombrew Necron Pillar (A giant DoW Obelisk, basically)

+ Reply to Thread