Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I've just started playing Warhammer 40k, and recently purchased my first few models. I had a few questions before heading off to war, so that I know what I am doing.
1) How does screening your units work? If I have a unit of warriors behind a unit of termagaunts, can my warriors see and shoot at enemy units? Do enemy units get a cover save because I'm shooting over my own models?
2) Is Warp Lance a psychic shooting attack, as I've read that in the previous codex's faq only Warp Blast was? Did they change this in the 5th edition one?
3) When you run with a unit, can you choose to move less then the value rolled? So if you rolled a 5, you choose to only move up 3 inches?
4) Can someone better explain how this sightless shooting concept works with a Hive Guard?
I don't play 'Nids, so I don't know about the questions specific to them. As far as the screening question goes, all of your models that have line of sight to at least one model in the target unit can fire. Any intervening unit, whether friendly or enemy, confers a 4+ save to the target unit. The only time an intervening model does not confer a save is when it belongs to the firing unit. As far as running goes, you can always run upto the distance rolled. If you roll a 6, you can run 0, but you still count as having run.
2) Yes, they have changed that in the 5th edition, now is a psychic shooting attack with lance special rule.
4)They can shoot anything in the tables (except passengers on vehicles and minis in bunkers), and they only get a save if they are touching or more than 50% of the unit is touching the thing that gives cover save (a tree, other minis, a wall...)
Last edited by mente enjambre; April 23rd, 2010 at 13:31.
BEST ARMY APPEARANCE AND OVERALL WINNER OF A LOCAL GW RTT (29-7-06) GODZILLA/CHOIR 2K ARMY LIST
The enemy would probably get a cover save given the height difference (or lack thereof) between the gaunts and warrior models.Ignore anything in another/previous codex. All psychic powers are shooting attacks unless otherwise stated.2) Is Warp Lance a psychic shooting attack, as I've read that in the previous codex's faq only Warp Blast was? Did they change this in the 5th edition one?Yes you can. If you roll to run and decide not to move you will still count as having run.3) When you run with a unit, can you choose to move less then the value rolled? So if you rolled a 5, you choose to only move up 3 inches?Errr, i'll pass on that one.4) Can someone better explain how this sightless shooting concept works with a Hive Guard?