Hit&Run after winning an assault - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hit&Run after winning an assault

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if Hit&run can be used after winning an assault. This would allow jetbikes/jump packs to go 3d6 instead of just a normal consolidation move.

The rulebook says
    "Units with this ability that are locked in combat may choose to leave close combat at the end of the Assault phase"

Technically even if a unit wins an assault that unit was "locked in close combat" until the of that assault phase.
    I am not sure if this wording means that the unit needs to be locked at the end of the phase.

Thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

If the enemy unit is wiped out at the end of the assault phase, the Hit and Run unit is no longer locked in combat and cannot use Hit and Run. I'm not sure how this fits with units caught while Falling Back and wiped out; I'd assume it's the same, but it depends on when in the turn the Fall Back occurs.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by ze_poodle View Post
    I'm not sure how this fits with units caught while Falling Back and wiped out; I'd assume it's the same, but it depends on when in the turn the Fall Back occurs.
    Its not the 'end' of the assault phase until all combats are resolved. It is impossible to be locked with units that no longer exist at that point.
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

You may use hit and run if you are locked in combat, this means if your combat is ongoing after it has been fought, you are still fighting. IE: tied combat, 1 player loses combat and passes leadership, or 1 player takes no retreat wounds thataren't enough to wipe out his unit.

The Emperor Protects
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys, its now clear

+ Reply to Thread