Multiple Vehicle Explodes results - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    San Diego, California, USA
    2 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

149 (x3)

Multiple Vehicle Explodes results

So, vehicle is hit with multiple penetrating and/or glancing hits.

1. Do all penetrating/glancing hits HAVE to be rolled for, or can one stop after getting a wrecked result (to avoid explosion). I assume that all penetrating (or glancing) need to be rolled for.

2. If 2 or more 6-explosion results are rolled, do they all happen? Or just the first one, or just the largest one, etc?

I personally can see good reason for all explosions being resolved, after all one could argue that the fuel explodes, the ammo explodes, [add futuristic component here].

This has come up several times in local games and especially with Titan explosions.

2. Remove Advertisements

Panama City Beach, Florida
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

443 (x8)

You can only apply one Explodes result. This is because during its resolution, the vehicle is removed, and you cannot repeat the explosion steps.
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Northern Ireland
    5 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

596 (x8)

I can see where this one is coming from though, PW. When one looks at the sequence stated in the "Destroyed - Explodes" description on P.61 BRB, the D6" roll is done *before* the vehicle is removed. So if you had more than one "Explodes!" result, it implies that D6" rolls would be made for all the "Destroyed - Explodes!" before the vehicle was removed, thus potentially getting a wider radius of damage. However, I think that *that* would be the only benefit from multiple "Explodes!" results; as you suggest, a tank can only explode once. It would certainly not be acceptable that for every "Destroyed - Explodes!" roll you got to roll a D6" and then cause wounds at that distance, then roll for the second result, and so on.

I agree that it should only be one D6" roll regardless of how many "Explodes!" results, but the implication is kinda there in the wording sequence IMHO.

I play it as a single D6" roll and always have done, as do my friends. However, how often have you experienced getting more than 1 "Destroyed - Explodes!" result coming up in one set of shooting from a single enemy unit anyway? I wish!

Last edited by eiglepulper; May 19th, 2010 at 14:38.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

I also believe an explodes result overrides a wrecked, so you if you got for example 5, 6, 6, you would apply a single explodes result, and anything withing d6" would take a single s3 hit.

+ Reply to Thread