Assaulting a unit in cc - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Assaulting a unit in cc

I was reading BoLS and something caught my eye.

"Consider letting the other Boyz get stuck in, diluting the enemy’s firepower and ability to focus on you Nob Bikers, so that this unit can get the most killing done"

I'm not sure what is meant by ability to focus on my bikers means. Is it referring to my bikers assaulting a unit on a turn after the target has been in cc with another unit of mine?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

What the postee is saying is that you should try to assault as many of the opposing units that could pose a threat to your bikers with shooting as possible. This will stop them from firing on the bikers, and reduce the damage they take.

Ie if your playing say, a gunline eldar force, you should try and assault units such as dark reapers, pathfinders ect ect. This means your nob bikers dont have to take as much shooting and so more survive.

Now thats over with, welcome to LO, hope you have an enjoyable stay with us.
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That makes perfect sense. At first glance it reads in such a fashion that makes it seem like a unit that is already stuck in cannot direct its attacks to another unit that assaults it in later turns. That was my confusion as it seemed odd.

Thanks!

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

If a unit is in combat with two different enemy units, they're free to direct their attacks as they see fit, with one notable exception. Specific models only in base-to-base contact with one of the two enemy units MUST attack that one. So lets say a unit has 10 guys, one of which has a power fist.. You assault that unit with two of yours (boyz & nobz). The boyz move in first and touch all enemy models. Next, the nobz move in and due to the positioning of the original boyz charge, do not make it into contact with the PFist toting enemy. When the enemy attacks, the PFist can only swing on the boyz and not the nobz.

That's a pretty common tactic to put the more important ones outside the PFist's ability to attack... though more often used with IC's in a unit than more than one unit charging a single enemy.

+ Reply to Thread