Wound allocation with mixed weapon squad - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

Wound allocation with mixed weapon squad

I have a question regarding the wound allocation in the following situation. I was shooting at some space marines, there were 3 who had a 3+ save and the Ind Char who had a 2+. I inflicted 6 wounds with AP5 and 3 with AP3 (from my Ind Char). Is it legal for my opponent to allocate all of the AP3 wounds on his 2+ model, or does he have to spread them out?

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x3)

Yes, in shooting any wound can be allocated to any model. In this case everyone would have to be allocated two wounds with one person taking an extra, so it worked out very well for him to be able to shunt all the AP3 wounds off to the IC.

Winnipeg, Canada
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

256 (x5)

Exactly right.

Just for clarity's sake, that process would go like this:

A>>>Three Marines soak up three AP5 hits. Character takes one of the AP3's. Everybody has one wound.

B>>>The Marines take the last three AP5's, and the Character takes the second AP3. Two wounds each.

C>>>That leaves a single AP3 hit that can go on anybody, so it goes to the Character since he'll get a save.

It could just as easily go to a normal Marine though, sacrificing a man to avoid the extra risk if the IC starts rolling one's. For that matter, if the Character only had 3+ armour, all the AP3 shots could be put on the Marines to keep him standing at the cost of the squad, too.
    We've got plenty of youth... How about a fountain of smart?

+ Reply to Thread