Mephiston Psychic Powers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mephiston Psychic Powers

Hi all,

I hd the unfortunate experiance of coming across Mephisont the other day.

My supremely evil Chaos Lord decided to cahrge Mephiston, who had wandered incredibly close.

so he charges in, and the SM player says that he gets to cast his psychic powers before combat ensues.

I could understand it if it's the SM players turn, and Mephy is on the offensive, but does he still get to use them in MY turn?

I checked the Blangels codex and it says that the 'can use 3 powers each turn' doesn't say which turn though...#

The main rule book says:

Unless specified otherwise in its special rules, a
    model may use a single psychic power per player
    turn.

so, if he'd cast his nasty close combat spells in his turn (chopping up one of my squads), do the psychic abilities continue into my turn? if not, and he'd already cast them, could he tehn cast them again in my turn?

Thanks all

Regards
    P

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by PPemporium View Post
    I could understand it if it's the SM players turn, and Mephy is on the offensive, but does he still get to use them in MY turn?
    Sanguine Sword and Unleash Rage can both be used in either player's assault phase.

Might of Heroes (the +d3 attacks one) can also be used in either player's turn, but he doesn't have that one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

This is to allow Mephiston (and other libbies) to benefit from the ability during their opponent's assault phase, especially if they are assaulted and didn't have the foresight to cast it during their previous turn.

The other BA psychic power that can be used outside of the BA player's turn is Shield of Sanguinius - it's also the only non-assault one. So it's not like he can shoot you in your turn; they're basically defensive.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

i think the question more relates to what qualifies as "turn"

Does mephiston get three for HIS turn, and then 3 more for the opponents, or does he get 3 for BOTH ends of a turn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

415 (x8)

The BA psychic powers section says that BA librarians can use "one power each player turn" unless upgraded to an Epistolary, in which case they can use two. Admittedly, Mephiston's entry just says three powers per turn without specifying if it's a player turn or a game turn, but given that it contains a reference to the BA psychic power page I'd think it's the former.

It'd be pretty idiotic to have an epistolary able to cast four psychic powers per game turn when Mephiston only gets three.
    Last edited by ze_poodle; June 6th, 2010 at 08:02.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

To add on to ze_poodle's post, page 9 of the BRB has a section titled "GAME TURNS AND PLAYER TURNS". See the wrapped section on the top-right of the page:
    Whenever a rule uses the word 'turn', both in this rulebook and in the Codexes, it means 'player turn', otherwise it will clearly state 'game turn'.

Since Mephiston's rule doesn't specifically state game turn it must be taken as player turn.

+ Reply to Thread