A question about force organization - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A question about force organization

Hi, this question might be dumb, but is it possible to take more than one HQ choice?

More specifically, I play the 'nids, and was wondering if both a Hive Tyrant and a Tervigon could be fielded at the same time. I have a feeling that they can't, but I just wanted to be sure because I haven't found anything that says "1 HQ, no exceptions".

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most armies can only take up to 2 HQ choices. Consult the Force Organization chart on the page before the Army Lists. Some armies such as Daemons and Space Wolves, to name a few, can deploy up to 4 HQs meaning that one HQ slot equals 2 HQs. Whether an army can do this or not is specifically detailed on said page.
    Notable Achievements: Farseer w/ SS taking down a Monolith all by itself in one shooting phase. A Warlock w/ SS in a Guardian squad on an objective taking down a Soul Grinder in one Shooting phase. 2nd turn 2 DSing Trygon Primes going from 6-0 wounds during turn 3.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

If you are playing nid, yes, a Tervigon and Tyrant are fine. I'd recommend you field the Tervigon as a troop choice if at all possible (unless you don't have anymore space in the troop choices).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

Generally it is mandatory to take 1 HQ choice with a second choice as an option, however some armies and expansions do break this rule. For instance like mentioned before Space Wolves and Daemons can each take up to 4 HQ choices. Planetstrike will give you the option to include up to 3 HQ choices, Spearhead will remove the minimum requirement, Appocalypse will eliminate all minimum and maximums, and Cities of Death and Planetary Empires I beleive will have no effect. I'm not sure about any effects Battle Missions would have.

When designing any standard list for tournaments or regular pick up games however Tyranids will have one mandatory HQ choice and another optional so a Hive Tyrant and Tervigon in the same list is 100% legal.
    Ask me about the Black and White Space Marine on the Black and White Bike!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Dark Eldar can have 6 =p, as Haemoculous are 1-3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

That's still only 2 choices.
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

+ Reply to Thread