Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Probably A Stupid Question...

576 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Killer_Turtle 
#1 ·
This probably sounds really noobish, but in the SM codex it says that 'the entire squad may be given frag grenades...' etc. Does this mean that any model in the entire squad may be given the grenades, or does it mean that every model must have them? If the latter then WYSIWYG will be a problem, as only about half the models in a normal tac squad have grenades in their sprues to be equipped with. And it also means I have to re-write my army list.... Please help.

#2 ·
If a squad is given frag grenades, then the whole squad must have grenades, not half or a single model.

As for WYSIWIG, most people will slide on the grenades issue. Grenades can be tucked away in pockets and pouches, and thus it isnt necessary that they should be on every model.

#3 ·
Thanks! I just have to mess about with my army list now.

EDIT: If the squad includes a veteran sergeant, do they have to have the upgrades as well? And if an upgrade is cheaper for the squad (ie melta bombs, they cost 1 less point from the assault marines entry than from the armoury) can the vet. sergeant pay the cost of the item from the entry he is from, or the price stated in the armoury? And do the vet. sergeants have to pay for things like jump packs etc.? I doubt they do, but I may as well ask while I'm at it.

#7 ·
Originally posted by K-Tana@Sep 18 2004, 08:31
A vet sergeant can take upgrades from the armoury and the squad entry. So yeah, he can take melta bombs at the cheaper rate. Also, the Jump Pack is provided free of charge as he is a member of that squad.
[snapback]214920[/snapback]​
The jump pack isn't free of charge. If it's an assault squad then it's already paid for in the basic price before he's upgraded to a vet sergeant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.