Is a streanth 12 weapon legal? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

Is a streanth 12 weapon legal?

I was playing a two on two battle with my Blood Knights (Blood Angels) and my friends Space Wolves. He had a squad of wolf riders with a thunder hammer and I had a few sanguinary priests, when the two of them got together we found ourselves with a streanth 12 weapon!

A wolf rider is St 5
    +
    A sanguinary priest gives feel no pain and furious charge to all friendly units within 6" Furious charge = +1 St & +1 I
    +
    A thunder hammer doubles your streanth
    =
    Streanth 12 power weapon!

A streanth 12 weapon? It just didn't sound right but we looked at the rules and it seemed legit. So, we used it to crumple a monolith like a tin can then moved on to slaughter our way across the board.

The rules for the sanguinary priest clearley says all friendly units, not all BA units. The thunderhammer rules say the weapon doesn't have a set streanth, it just doubles the models streanth.

A streanth 12 weapon still doesn't sound right but it seems legit, can anyone find a flaw? Or can we keep using this combo?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x3)

It's not. No model's characteristic can be above 10, no matter the wargear or special rule (Main Rulebook pg. 6)

Incidentally, your math on it is wrong too, he'd be Strength 11 if it was allowed. You multiply the strength and then add any static modifiers. (Main Rulebook pg. 7)
    "The sergeant major asked me what my job is. I told him it's to do what I am told. He gave me a medal. I like the Imperial Guard."
    "Innocentia Probat Nihil"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

Oh.. That makes sense, a streanth 12 weapon just didn't sound right! So it stays streanth 10. Still a killer combo though, toughness 5 wolf rider with feel no pain, I think we'll keep using that one when we play together.

Thanks for the help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    120 (x2)

Also don't forget that unequipped TWC can glance monoliths due to rending. With furious charge, they can penetrate as well. Furthermore, they strike at I4 (or I5 in your case), before the thunderhammer does. If they manage to immobilize the monolith, the thunderhammer then goes at I1 and auto-hits all 5 attacks (though remember that it's at S10, not S11).

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

Errrmm...TWC wouldn't get the extra dice roll from the Rending "6" against the Monolith. No bonus dice of any sort can be used against a Monolith.

Good point though, reminding us about how the Thunderhammers would strike automatically against an immobilised Monolith.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x5)

You can have a weapon who's effective strength goes above 10, however. For example, Pask inside of a demolisher. His special ability adds 1 to the penetration roll. Strength 10 hit, roll a D6 + 1.

It's effectively a strength 11 shot, but it's not really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not to mention its faqed that 1 army cannot benefit from another armies rules unless stated like in astoraths entry.
    A moment of weakness spawns a life tme of heresy...

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

Yep, the [usual] cap on any of the stats is 10, with the above suggested type of exception where Tank Hunter - or Pask's rule, or something similar - gives a sort of +1 to the penetrating strength of the shot. The other one I can think of is the legitimate >10 when referring to a Khornate Lord with a Daemon Weapon. This model can legally get up to 17 attacks on the charge: basic attacks + Mark of Khorne + charging + benefit of the Bloodfeeder daemon weapon. Ouch!!

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

+ Reply to Thread