firing heavy weapons when disembarking - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

firing heavy weapons when disembarking

can i fire with my dark reapers on the turn they disembark from a wave serpent but dont go further than 2 inches from the access point?
    is it considered movement?
    sorry if its an obvious answer but i havnt been playing very long and ive left my rulebook at a friends place.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

I think you count as moving when disembarking, even if you don't move any further (but I can't be 100% sure)
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rule book says on page 67 that:

"If the vehicle has not yet moved, then the passengers may disembark and move normally. The vehicle can also then move normally. The disembarked models may shoot (Counting as moving), and may assault as normal."

That would imply that Heavy weapons cannot be used when disembarking since the models count as moving regardless of other conditions. Dark Reapers don't have any special rules for moving and firing so wouldn't be able to shoot.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

Yeah, disembarking counts as movement, you can still fire your standard weapons and small arms but can't fire you heavy weapons. (Unless you have a unit of bad-ass's with a special rule or something)

Also, if you exit the vheicle without moving it first, you can move, shoot and assault as normal (still can't use heavy weapons though) If you exit the vheicle after moving you can only shoot. (Unless you have something with assault doors)

Hope this helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks skydog
    that will take some of the shine off my favorite anti power armour tactic but it'll still work

+ Reply to Thread