claiming objectives - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

claiming objectives

in a seize ground mission can a single squad claim two objectives at once?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x3)

Yes, if it's in coherency and within 3 inches of both. However, given that objectives may not be within 12" of each other if your opponent lets you pull it off he deserves to lose
    "The sergeant major asked me what my job is. I told him it's to do what I am told. He gave me a medal. I like the Imperial Guard."
    "Innocentia Probat Nihil"

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

They don't even need to be in coherency to claim an objective. I believe that is a 4th edition rule that no longer exists in 5th.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

Hmm...I'm not so sure about that. P.12 BRB basically tells us that if a unit gets out of coherency then its priority is to regain that coherency in its next movement phase, and it can't deliberately move out of coherency anyway. I know that the BRB doesn't specifically state that a unit has to be in coherency in order to claim an objective, but it just doesn't sit right with me to think that I could string a unit of mine out over >1 Objective and not worry about them retaining coherency.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Right. You cannot deliberately break coherency by moving models within a unit out of coherency. However, if the enemy was to fire them at, it is perfectly legal to remove dead models such that the unit is no longer in coherency. This is quite common when you have to conga-line to reach 2 objectives and remove the middle models when fired upon. Now, if there is a next turn, that unit would have to move back into coherency. However, if the game was to end, then you have a unit out of coherency but still claiming 2 objectives. It's just that the game ended before they had a chance to get back into coherency.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in my case yesterday i was using my eldar against a guys ultramarines and i strung my 6 jetbikes out nose to tail, they were all right on the limit of coherency but they were all in and the two on the ends were just within 3 inches of the objectives.
    the the only thing that could threaten them was a squad of assault terminators but i managed to get a squad of dire avengers in as a speed bump that bought me enough time so the jetbikes didnt get assaulted before the end of the game.

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by jy2 View Post
    Right. You cannot deliberately break coherency by moving models within a unit out of coherency. However, if the enemy was to fire them at, it is perfectly legal to remove dead models such that the unit is no longer in coherency. This is quite common when you have to conga-line to reach 2 objectives and remove the middle models when fired upon. Now, if there is a next turn, that unit would have to move back into coherency. However, if the game was to end, then you have a unit out of coherency but still claiming 2 objectives. It's just that the game ended before they had a chance to get back into coherency.
    Of course. D'oh! Why didn't I see that one?

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crimson_lance View Post
    in my case yesterday i was using my eldar against a guys ultramarines and i strung my 6 jetbikes out nose to tail, they were all right on the limit of coherency but they were all in and the two on the ends were just within 3 inches of the objectives.
    the the only thing that could threaten them was a squad of assault terminators but i managed to get a squad of dire avengers in as a speed bump that bought me enough time so the jetbikes didnt get assaulted before the end of the game.
    I just finished a game where a unit of 20 orks had strung themselves out on turn 5 to capture 2 objectives, so I assualted them and they lost both thus winning me the game with my 1 remaining scoring unit on the other one. First game in ages I have won, Daemons are my main army, I was using our 2 boxes of starter sets to make a Space Marine army

But units of vehicles are 3inch coherency? Meaning you could really take advantage of those jetbikes to contest objectives (but not take)

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by tlawrence84 View Post
    But units of vehicles are 3inch coherency? Meaning you could really take advantage of those jetbikes to contest objectives (but not take)
    Vehicle squadrons have 4" coherency. However, jetbikes are not vehicles and follow the same 2" coherency as regular infantry.

+ Reply to Thread