Dedicated Transports and Inquisitors - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

Dedicated Transports and Inquisitors

I was just reading up on the rules for the Grey Knights LRR and wondering can an =][= lord take it as a dedicated transport?

Grey Knight WIP Thread <Clicky>

I am the Hammer...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by V3xx View Post
    I was just reading up on the rules for the Grey Knights LRR and wondering can an =][= lord take it as a dedicated transport?
    The LRR is listed as a heavy support choice only.
    That having been said it's an imperial armour unit so it's open to discussion with your opponent.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by V3xx View Post
    Technically no. It's an IA choice so you must have your opponent's permission to use it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Just as A.T. said, it is a heavy support option and not a dedicated transport option so your Inquisitor Lord couldn't take it as a dedicated transport. You can still take it and just put the lord in there to begin with though so unless your struggling for HS slots it shouldn't make much of a difference.
    Last edited by Duo_Sonata; November 9th, 2010 at 23:18.
    Warhammer 40k: Blood Angels, Imperial Guard, Grey Knights, Space Lizards (wolves), Kroot, Witch Hunters, Dark Eldar
    Warhammer: Lizardmen, Empire, Vampire Counts, Brettonians, High Elves, Skaven

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    149 (x3)

He can only take a regular Land Raider as a dedicated transport (and then only if he's accompanied by a retinue). It would be the one listed under Transports (p20 of the free GW .pdf Daemonhunters codex)
    At the beginning of turn 1, I spray my opponent's army with the bacon flavored spray. Then I unleash my Boston Terrier Squiggoth who then devours their entire bacon flavored army! There is no defense against her cuteness! All are doomed!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by JMichael View Post
    He can only take a regular Land Raider as a dedicated transport (and then only if he's accompanied by a retinue). It would be the one listed under Transports (p20 of the free GW .pdf Daemonhunters codex)
    I know, but the GKLRR is part of the Imperial Armour so I woundered if what it says in the Codex would extend out to all varients of Land Raider
    Grey Knight WIP Thread <Clicky>

I am the Hammer...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    149 (x3)

technically not. He can't even take any of the Grey Knight Land Raiders form the codex. Indeed the 'transport' Land Raider also cannot have any upgrades.
    Same deal with the Sisters Of Battle.
    Think of it this way. He's an Inquisitor and not actually a member of the Grey Knights. More like an ally.
    However, as others pointed out since it's an Imperial Armour vehicle you will always need your opponent's permission to use it. And why not also allow you to have it in place of his Dedicated Land Raider. I would!
    At the beginning of turn 1, I spray my opponent's army with the bacon flavored spray. Then I unleash my Boston Terrier Squiggoth who then devours their entire bacon flavored army! There is no defense against her cuteness! All are doomed!

+ Reply to Thread