Armor Svs & Inv Svs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is going to sound really lame :wacko: but..... do you have a choice to use one or the other? or does the weapon used against you char. dictate the save used. Or is it ... well i think i am more likely to roll my armor save then my inv save so i am gunna use this one this time? :blush: If it helps I have most all codexes including 4thed. so a page number would guide me in the right direction

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In close combat you will not get your save in your opponent has a weapon that ignores saves(power weapons,power fistss, ect) but instead you will get an inv save(*Inv save you will always get except for weapons that ignore them*very rare)In shooting if the AP of the gun matches your save you will not get a save but then again you will get an inv unless the gun ignores inv(ex.phycannons,incinerators)ex. If a bolter woulds a guardian it will not get its save because the AP matches the save

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You choose which armor save to use, be it regular or invunerable. If your armor save is applicable and is better than your invunerable save, it would benefit you greatly to use the regular save instead. If the attack you're saving against ignores your armor, (armor penetrating rounds, power weapons, etc.) it would be wise of you to use your invunerable save, since your regular save would be ignored.

You can have three saves also, an armor save, a cover save, and the invunerable save. Again, you must choose one, and you should choose the best one that you CAN take. For instance, if you have a 5+ invunerable, are in 4+ cover, and have a 3+ save, you would normally take the 3+. If you get hit by a weapon that ignores the 3+, like maybe a plasma gun, you would take the 4+ cover. If you're in close-combat, you don't get cover saves, and if you get hit by a power weapon, which ignores armor saves, the 5+ invunerable save is your only hope.

You must choose one and only one save. You may not use more than one, although sometimes you can re-roll that one save, depending on special rules.

I hope that clears things up.
    Every whisper of the future from the Warp speaks of a hundred battles lost, a thousand lives devoured and a million enemies born. -- Inquisitor Lord Babel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You must choose one and only one save. You may not use more than one, although sometimes you can re-roll that one save, depending on special rules.

I hope that clears things up.
    Crystal. Thanks for all the help there guys (Y)

+ Reply to Thread