Hormagaunts run through difficult terrain - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

Hormagaunts run through difficult terrain

Hey Guys,
    Just wondering when hormagaunts run through difficult terrain do they still get to roll 3d6 and take the highest or are they brought down to 1d6. The rulebook states that running movement is not affected by diffult terrain. Based on that I believe they would still get there 3d6 however the next line states it is always simply d6, which seems to contradict the previous line.

I believe you probably only get one d6 as it would not make sense for them to roll 2d6 during the movemet phase and then have 3d6 during the shooting phase but am just looking for clarification.

Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements

San Diego, California, USA
    2 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

149 (x3)

Hormagaunts have ( codex p38 ):
    Move through Cover=gets to roll an extra dice when rolling to move through difficult terrain (would be 3d6). Difficult terrain rules p14; Move through Cover rules p75.
    Bounding Leap=they roll 3d6 and pick the highest when running.

You can only run in the shooting phase and it is not effected by difficult terrain (rules p16).
    So you would roll 3d6 in the movement phase to move through difficult terrain, and also 3d6 in the shooting phase regardless of the terrain being open or difficult (picking the highest in both cases).
    At the beginning of turn 1, I spray my opponent's army with the bacon flavored spray. Then I unleash my Boston Terrier Squiggoth who then devours their entire bacon flavored army! There is no defense against her cuteness! All are doomed!

+ Reply to Thread