walkers in combat being immobilized. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

walkers in combat being immobilized.

ok, before i say anything, i have read the rulebook, but am still unsure of the way this works. im sure that you have had this question asked many times but..

basically, i would like to know, if a walker is immobolised in cc, can i then strike at its rear armour? or do i still hit its front armour.

situation: kharn and 9 bersekers charge a dreadnough with AV13 to the front.. kharn immobolised it first round. berserkers then went to strike at its rear armour but my opponent told me that i could only hit its front armour.. i didnt mind, so the combat went on for another 3 rounds with kharn killing 6 of my own bersekers and eventually exploding the dread.

should i have been able to hit its rear armour?

cheers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pg 73, 2nd paragraph-- vs walkers you always roll against front armor. Immobilization affects their attacks and hitting them with grenades, but that's it.
    White Scars: 3500pts painted
    Blood Drinkers: in process
    Other armies: Chaos Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    149 (x3)

All CC attacks vs an immobilized walker still go against it's front armor. It is assumed that the immobilized result only effects it's ability to walk or maneuver, and can thus still spin around to face attackers. The only benefit you get from CC with stunned or immobilized walkers is when using grenades (you roll vs WS instead of needing a 6).
    At the beginning of turn 1, I spray my opponent's army with the bacon flavored spray. Then I unleash my Boston Terrier Squiggoth who then devours their entire bacon flavored army! There is no defense against her cuteness! All are doomed!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cheers. had to clarify.

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by JMichael View Post
    All CC attacks vs an immobilized walker still go against it's front armor. It is assumed that the immobilized result only effects it's ability to walk or maneuver, and can thus still spin around to face attackers. The only benefit you get from CC with stunned or immobilized walkers is when using grenades (you roll vs WS instead of needing a 6).
    (and it gets a reduction in attacks)

+ Reply to Thread