Kill Points - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kill Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kill Points

Hi all,

So I just recently played two games and had a couple questions regarding Annihilation. (sp?) It says a Character and his Retinue are each worth one point.

So... I play as Imperial Guard

I have:
    Command Squad....is this 2 KP?
    Infantry Squad w Chimera...2 KP? If it is only one killpoint who has to die?

He has:

Guardian Squad with a Warlock. Does this count as one?

Armies: 40k: Imperial Guard, Orks Fantasy: Skaven

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as I know the command squad is worth 2, as you mentioned.
    Squad + dedicated transport is worth 2 (or more specifically 1 each).
    A warlock is 'attached' but essentially part of the squad and worth 1 as a whole. The warlock cant detach or otherwise join other units even if his squad is dead.
    White Scars: 3500pts painted
    Blood Drinkers: in process
    Other armies: Chaos Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x3)

The company command squad on it's own is only a single kill point. It's one unit, with no attached characters or separate dedicated transport. The infantry squad and the chimera are two separate units, each worth one kill point. The Guardians are a single killpoint--a warlock is simply a unit upgrade for the Guardians, it's not an IC or a separate unit in anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow...Well how does an IG player contend in an Annihilation game? In 1000pts I have 12 KP vs 5 KP...Thats ridiculous.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Each group of models that can move on their own are a killpoint.

So the warlock may be a "character" of sorts but he has to stay with the squad while a farseer can leave the squad if it wishes. So the farseer is a killpoint and the walock and guardian squad togeather make a killpoint.

The transport and squad inside can move togeather, but the squad may leave the transport if they wish and they can go live lives killing stuff on either side of the table, so they are each their own killpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by HAB_Incognito View Post
    Wow...Well how does an IG player contend in an Annihilation game? In 1000pts I have 12 KP vs 5 KP...Thats ridiculous.
    We have a pretty powerful codex, and will almost always have better long range fire so that's a big help. At 1000pts my list is as follows:

HQ
    Primaris Psyker 70

Elites
    Marbo 65

Troops
    10 vets 3 meltaguns chimera 155
    10 vets 3 meltaguns chimera 155
    10 vets 3 flamers chimera 140

Fast Attack
    Vendetta 130
    3 scout sentinels autocannons 120

Heavy Support
    Leman Russ Battle Tank hull lascannon 165

So my army has both mobility and the ability to take away my opponents through shooting transports. This can force them to slowly slog it down the field towards you as you blast them away, then when they finally get to you is when you crack out 3 flamers 3 heavy flamers 6 meltaguns and hopefully finish off what remains of your opponents army.

If you want you can PM me and I can give you some more specific advice concerning your list and usual opponents.

The Emperor Protects
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

7. ThanksHAB_Incognito thanked for this post.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kevin that is actually very similar to my list. Here is mine:

IG:

Command Squad (4x Plasma)

Veteran Squad 3x MeltaGuns Chimera (2x)
    Veteran Squad 3x Flamers Chimera
    Veteran Squad 3x Plasma, Autocannon

Leman Rus Battle Tank
    Leman Rus Demolisher
    Thats 10KP

His Eldar List: (From Memory)

Farseer
    10x Guardians, Brightlance, Warlock
    Rangers
    3x Warwalkers (Brightlance, EML)
    2x Fireprisms

6KP

Now Granted he got lucky turn 1...one shotted my Battle Tank...I failed my cover save...Turn 2 my Demolisher died...and a Chimera...Turn 3 another Chimera...I ended up killing one Fireprism and immobilizing the other but Plasma Cannons did nothing...He got lucky and killed both Chimeras that had Meltas so they got stuck in the open...and he kept casting I think Fortune which helped him reroll all saves...Made him last forever. I lost the game 5-3.

Just thought my list would be able to do something against that small a list but his Prisms are brutal and his Farseer turns his squishy units into beasts. Sorry got of topic but thanks for the answer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

If I was fighting against that list with yours i'd do an all out rush. That is move all chimera squads forward as fast as possible and try to flame/ melta the crap out of his scoring units.

Hold the plasma vets and plasma command squad back, maybe even in reserve, the idea would be to have these guys move up the field late game when as much of his force as possible is neutralised, basically every vehicle and mechanised squad is expendable, you can then try to hold him to a 1-0 win on objectives.

Your list is lacking ome ranged firepower though, could I suggest swapping the demolisher for a vendetta? If you do this give the flamer vets demolitions and the company command their chimera.

This will give you the option should you get 1st turn of alpha striking meltabombs, how you do this is by moving your vendetta 12" away from a juicy target during the scout move, then if your opponent does not seize the initiative you disembark, now your squad is 10" away, move to 4" away and you can either blast an infantry squad with flamers and a demo charge, assault multiple enemy vehicles with a total 10 autohitting meltabombs...

It's fun, I have two of those squads in my 1750 tourney list.

The Emperor Protects
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by HAB_Incognito View Post
    By killing them all!

Your opponant can win twice as many kill points as you but they mean nothing if he's wiped of the board.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    149 (x3)

And remember that a vehicle squadron is only worth 1 KP regardless of how many vehicles are in the squadron.
    At the beginning of turn 1, I spray my opponent's army with the bacon flavored spray. Then I unleash my Boston Terrier Squiggoth who then devours their entire bacon flavored army! There is no defense against her cuteness! All are doomed!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

If an opponent is using a list with very limited KPs, he's giving you an advantage in both target priority and focus fire. It's easier prioritize between fewer targets. Firing at bigger and fewer units makes every shot count, while return attacks at just one your many cheap units from one of his few could be overkill and therefore wasted damage output.

I mostly play 'elite' armies, and this is what I have to watch out for.
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

+ Reply to Thread