Space marine gear rule help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Space marine gear rule help

so first is for example: the honor guards wargear is a power weapon, bolter and bolt pistol. Does that mean as long as all three items are modeled that said unit wields a bolter for distance; and a power weapon and bolt pistol for close combat? and if so is this something you declare before the shooting phase?

second: the lighting claw does NOT follow the rules of the power fist in ed5? if this is the case my understanding is that initiative is not effected by use of the lighting claw?

thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by kenpachi7 View Post
    so first is for example: the honor guards wargear is a power weapon, bolter and bolt pistol. Does that mean as long as all three items are modeled that said unit wields a bolter for distance; and a power weapon and bolt pistol for close combat? and if so is this something you declare before the shooting phase?
    Infantry models can only fire one weapon a turn, so you'd have to declare whether you're using either the pistol or bolter. Regardless though, in combat a model with 2 CCWs has +1 attack. If you fired your bolter in the last turn, and are subsequently assaulted you still get the +1 for having 2 CCWs.

And, being as those are all basic wargear for Honor Guard, you're not necessarily expected to have them modeled. Even the Honor Guard models from GW don't have a bolt pistol.

second: the lighting claw does NOT follow the rules of the power fist in ed5? if this is the case my understanding is that initiative is not effected by use of the lighting claw?
    They didn't follow the powerfist rules in 4th ed, and my understanding was they never have. In fluff a lightning claw is a special type of power fist, but in mechanical terms it's a power weapon that re-rolls to wound, and strikes at the models initiative. Thunder Hammers use slightly modified Pfist rules though, and strike at I1.
    Last edited by Archon Charybdis; January 23rd, 2011 at 23:43.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by kenpachi7 View Post
    You can't fire a boltgun AND charge, so it'd be boltgun normally and then bolt pistol when you want to charge - which you can use with the power weapon in CC for an extra attack.
    Correct.

Ninja'd again!
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you both archon charybdis and realitycheque for the answers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a related question. If i take Relic Blades with my Honour Guards, which are two handed weapons, can i still use my boltguns? I know I don't get the attack bonus for having the pistol but do I also have to give up the boltgun to accommodate the two handed weapon?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

775 (x8)

you can still have the boltgun. there is nothing that says that you have to use two hands for it except the fluff. and take a look at the honour guards on page 108 in the SM codex they both have a relic blade(that they have in one hand) and a boltgun
    hope it helps!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x2)

You can still use your bolters but as pointed out, not prior to the assault. You can't use an "offhand" Assault weapon because of the two-handed Assault Relic Blade in close combat. I'm not sure where we stand on Storm or Combat Shields with RBs; I think there was a ruling somewhere that stated that shields were strapped onto the offhand, so I am fairly sure that you can use a 2HW and a shield because they're not a weapon. Bolters are one type of weapon (Rapid) and Bolt Pistols are another (Assault). Non-Grey Knight Marines can't use a bolt pistol with a 2HW because they're "not trained to do so" bizarrely. "Ultimate Warriors" my arse.
    Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, Thankyou.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x2)

In all honesty and slightly off-topic, why Honour Guard? Why not tool up your Captain/Master and stick him in a Tac squad to make them a mega Tac squad? Cheaper, and you won't waste games losing them to one big template or running them around the table away from something harder than them or towards something weaker than them?
    Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the world.

+ Reply to Thread