I really need help: How to make close combat attacks against vehicles - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really need help: How to make close combat attacks against vehicles

On page 63 of the rule book. I think it's quite clear but there are some who aren't clear on this.

When making close combat against tank, not walkers, do you use your WS OR only the table at page 63 and so only the vehicles speed?

If the attack is a melta bomb, does this change in any way besides only having a single attack when it's a grenade?

I need to hear replies from people who are 100% sure!

Last edited by Chaospling; January 27th, 2011 at 20:23.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    188 (x4)

For vehicles without a WS value (ie: non-walkers) you just use the speed of the vehicle to determine your roll to hit. It's either gonna be auto, 4+, or 6+. And for non-walkers, using grenades of any kind (melta bombs, krak, haywire, tankbusta, etc.) does not affect your roll to hit, it just limits you to 1 attack.
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your time, that's all I needed. This thread may be closed.

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

Just to add one extra element before closure. If you were attacking a non-weapon-skill vehicle with a unit of Marines whose Sergeant had a powerfist, it is also permitted that should the higher initiative Marines manage to immobilise the vehicle with their attacks, the Sergeant will then AUTO HIT it regardless of how far it moved in the previous turn. This is because the state of the vehicle is taken into account at every Initiative Stage of an assault where there are differing Initiatives involved. This was FAQed recently.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

+ Reply to Thread