Assaults - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Assaults

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Assaults

Can I bring two squads into assault a group and resolve their combat at the same time?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

You can two squads assault the same target, but you shouldnt really do their attacks at the same time. Better to split them to make it easier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks! Just wanted to make sure I could pile in enough stuff to give my I2 guys a chance against MEQ's.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Well just remember models that strike after other models still get their attack in so long as they were within combat range at the beginning of the combat and were not killed themselves so even if casualties removed during combat would have them place them too far away they still get their attacks. So I2 still have to strike after I3 or higher so you can't roll I2 and I3 together but you can roll I3 from one squad and I3 from another together.
    Warhammer 40k: Blood Angels, Imperial Guard, Grey Knights, Space Lizards (wolves), Kroot, Witch Hunters, Dark Eldar
    Warhammer: Lizardmen, Empire, Vampire Counts, Brettonians, High Elves, Skaven

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

You should roll all attacks that for each I value in turn - doesn't matter which squad they are from, or which side - as long as the target is clearly defined by different coloured dice.

So for a Blood Angel assault squad (10 men with powerfist sergeant) charging into an existing combat between a terminator assault squad (with Lightning Claws and thunderhammers) and a squad of plague marines you would roll I5 first (the bulk of the assault squad), then I4 (LC Terms), I3 (plague marines) and finally I1 (powerfist serg and thunder hammer terms at the same time).

This is because if you wait, the wounds caused by one squad might affect your decision of who to target with the second squad.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks a lot guys, really appreciate the full detail and situation!

+ Reply to Thread