Using Eldar psychic powers when coming on from reserves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    149 (x3)

Using Eldar psychic powers when coming on from reserves

I believe I've been playing this wrong.

Reading up on the Chaos SM FAQ (paraphrased):
    Q. If a model with a psychic power that works at the beginning of the turn (e.g. Warptime) is deep striking, what takes place first.

A. The power is used 'at the beginning of the turn' and deepstriking happens in the Movement phase, so a deepstriking model cannot use Warptime or similar powers in the turn they deepstrike.

So it would also seem to apply that Eldar powers (such as Fortune and Guide) could not be used on the turn a Farseer enters from reserves. Obviously the shooting powers happen later in the turn when the Farseer is actually on the table.

I had been playing that they could, but it had to be on the unit he/she was with. Looks like I was mistaken! I rarely keep him in reserves...but still good to know, and certainly makes sense.

At the beginning of turn 1, I spray my opponent's army with the bacon flavored spray. Then I unleash my Boston Terrier Squiggoth who then devours their entire bacon flavored army! There is no defense against her cuteness! All are doomed!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

Yeah, that FAQ answered a lot of queries for the same sort of thing in other armies. Basically if you want a model to be able to do something that is done at the start of the turn, that model has to be already on the table.

Pity it took them so long to get the FAQ out; it would have helped a lot of folks if it had arrived sooner.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

I'm glad this wasn't a question as I knew you couldn't but for the life of me I had no idea where I'd read it
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x3)

Yeah, it sucks but that's how it works. Unless of course you're Logan Grimnar. Then you can use your powers willy nilly, rulebook be damned!

+ Reply to Thread