Special Characters For Ig - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in an escalation league and the guy in charge said that special characters are going to be illegal even for the higher point games which I think stinks. However, after comparing the characters in the IG codex and the Catachan codex, none of the characters in the IG codex have any mention of being special characters nor do they require consent to use them. For one thing Schaeffer's last chancers aren't a character per se but a unit. What do you all think? I'm just wondering if my logic makes sense or if there's something in the rules I've missed.

Karnov let all of us fulfil our repressed dreams of being a fat Russian man running around in the great outdoors and getting shot at by weird stone heads and crap. You didn't have a repressed fantasy about doing such marvelous things? Well, I don't believe you . . . [djpretzel]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

as for the last chancers, they dont count as special characters and they have to have sheafer withthem so he cant be considered a special character. nor can gaunt for the same reason.

specific ork clans(goffs) can be led by gazkul cuz hes just a miracle warbos and the other characters are leaders of specilised squads.

eldar can be led by fenix lords. the other heroes might be questionable though.

space marines and chaos may not be able 2 use ther characters, same as tau and d. e.

nids have no special characters so thats a no brainer, same as necrons

out of curiosity wer do u play?(u dont have 2 answer)

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

The newer codex's do not require opponents permission to use characters, apparently they are completely balanced. Tau, Chaos, Nids, Necrons, IG are a few I can think of.

However, if you are at some club and the guy specifically said no special characters then that is their house rule and choice, you will have to stick with that for any army.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

If they said no special characters, then they had one thing in mind alone: C'tan.

Most people are so darned terrified of the C'tan that I've seen special characters banned at a lot of tournaments even though they are perfectly legal.

Personally, I love C'tan. PLEASE. Take one. I've got an 8 lascannon army. Just let me see one of those poke it's head out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I Play at a hobby shop near where I live in KY, USA. I think I can argue into letting me use Schaeffer's Last chancers for the reasons stated above because it's more of a special unit.
    Karnov let all of us fulfil our repressed dreams of being a fat Russian man running around in the great outdoors and getting shot at by weird stone heads and crap. You didn't have a repressed fantasy about doing such marvelous things? Well, I don't believe you . . . [djpretzel]

+ Reply to Thread