Space Marines, Gets Hot! and saves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Space Marines, Gets Hot! and saves

Hey folks,

The rules for Gets Hot! in the BRB mention that if you are given a wound due to rolling a 1, the model gets a save as normal. However, almost every Gets Hot! weapon in C: SM is AP2 (vengeance rounds are AP3). That's enough to ignore regular and artificer space marine armour (models with Invulnerable saves don't seem to use much plasma, for some reason).

So, some clarifications:

Does the Gets Hot! wound have the same AP and Strength as the normal weapon profile? (I would assume so)

If the model is in cover, can it take a cover save against the Gets Hot! wound?

I'm glad that the Techmarine's plasma pistol is twin-linked; losing a 90-point unit with just one wound because of a plasma mishap would sting a bit. :p

Last edited by sim_james; February 20th, 2011 at 12:06.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by sim_james View Post
    Does the Gets Hot! wound have the same AP and Strength as the normal weapon profile?
    No, the 'gets hot' wound has no AP value, you just take your normal save.
    If the model is in cover, can it take a cover save against the Gets Hot! wound?
    No, you can take armour, inv and FnP saves but not cover saves.
    In the 41st millenium there is no such thing as paranoia, the universe realy is out to get you!

4. Thankssim_james thanked for this post.
    Likesim_james liked this post.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SkyDog View Post
    No, the 'gets hot' wound has no AP value, you just take your normal save. No, you can take armour, inv and FnP saves but not cover saves.
    Really? Awesome, that's more generous than I thought it would be. I'd much rather use the 2+ artificer armour save than whatever cover save is available.

Now that I know it's unlikely that my Techmarine will accidentally blow himself up, I just need to protect him from my enemy's AP2 an AP1 weapons!

(What's the difference between AP2 and AP1 anyway? I didn't think it was possible to have a 1+ save...)
    Last edited by sim_james; February 20th, 2011 at 12:01.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

The difference between AP1 and 2 is that AP1 gets a +1 on the vehicle damage table. It has no extra power against infantry.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

+ Reply to Thread