Help with dice rolling - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help with dice rolling

Hi, I'm fairly new to warhammer, and I love the game. But I'm not the best with maths and my memory isn't all that good, did I mention I have a bad memory? So I'm finding that a lot of my time is spent flicking from page 2 page in the codex and rule book, rather than actually playing.
    Now I was wondering if there is a program or excel sheet I could use to help me out?
    I was thinking something along the lines of
    Player 1 Player 2
    Unit 1 Unit 1
    Unit 2 Unit 2
    Unit 3 Unit 3

So i could click unit 1 and add 10 space marines with a Sergent, missile launcher, and so on. And then do it with my friends army in player 2 section. Then when we are playing instead of working out what i have 2 roll i could click Player 1 unit 1 attacking Player 2 unit 1, from 6 inches away, unit 1 did or didn't move. And have it ether roll for me and say "Roll to hit 6 hit, roll to wound 3 wounded, saving throws 1 saved, 2 casualties."
    Or have it tell me what i need 2 roll e.g. 18d6 to hit 3+, *d6 to wound 4+, *d6 save 6+

If anyone knows of any program or excel sheet like this can they let me know, If not can you let me know some tips on making it a bit easier for me 2 remember so the game goes a little quicker.

Last edited by Mattyt84; March 18th, 2011 at 02:52.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

(Un)Official LO Map Maker Cannibal God's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    162 (x3)

Back of the 40k rulebook has a reference page, summarises rules, turn sequences and gives you the tables you need to remember. I have never heard of such a excel sheet or program... it sounds like what you're describing is a mathhammer sheet, but I don't think that's what you're looking for.

Though in truth, if you have just started to play, don't worry about it. When all of us first started, we were slow just like you. Checking the same rule three times a turn, forgetting if I can move 6", etc. It takes time, practice and patience. Don't fret, it'll come to you in time. Just keep playing games and reading your codex as you need.
    If someone helps you, rep them.
    In a votewar you don't vote on a single match, you vote on the entire round. Got that?

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

One of my friends and I had a 2k game yesterday. He has been playing for about a year, but hasn't played in almost 6 months up to yesterday's game. When it came to his turns, he was always gobsmacked about how I knew so much about the weapons, rules and so forth. I reminded him that I had been playing for around 15 years on a regular basis and that tends to help!

Don't worry if you're having to stop and check everything. You'll get there, and so what if your games take ages? Have your friends been playing much longer than you? If so, they'll probably be able to help you speed up. The important thing is to enjoy yourself while playing.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

+ Reply to Thread