Is ths true? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is ths true?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    421 (x8)

Is ths true?

I was talking to my friend yesterday about the effectiveness of walkers and he told me that if you shoot a lascannon from, say, a dreadnought at a rhino for example and destroy it, he told me you can then charge the squad, but i've never seen this rule in the book, is this possible? o.O

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Thescilentone2608 View Post
    ...he told me that if you shoot a lascannon from, say, a dreadnought at a rhino for example and destroy it, he told me you can then charge the squad
    Yes, it is allowed. I can't remember exactly where it's written though - I thought it was in the main FAQ but I didn't see it there on a quick scan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As noted in the FAQ Thread:

Can I fire at unit A then assault unit B?

No. You can never assault a different unit than you fired at, not even Relentless units, and not even if you completely destroyed the first unit by firing. There are two exceptions to this however: (1) you must declare any assault the unit you shot at, but you can contact multiple units in an assault, including ones you did not shoot at - p34, and (2) if you destroy a transport by shooting, you can assault the unit that disembarked from it. p67

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    459 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by alextroy View Post
    As noted in the FAQ Thread:

Can I fire at unit A then assault unit B?

No. You can never assault a different unit than you fired at, not even Relentless units, and not even if you completely destroyed the first unit by firing. There are two exceptions to this however: (1) you must declare any assault the unit you shot at, but you can contact multiple units in an assault, including ones you did not shoot at - p34, and (2) if you destroy a transport by shooting, you can assault the unit that disembarked from it. p67
    I suppose that counts only for units that are able to fire and move ie dreads,termies etc.Not for example devastators.
    I am right?
    Praise be to the Emperor!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This is for the haters... CrownAxe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

You still have to be able to assault normally if you want to assault the occupants of a destroyed transport.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by pilot00 View Post
    I suppose that counts only for units that are able to fire and move ie dreads,termies etc.Not for example devastators.
    I am right?
    Anything that has relentless or fired assault weapons. If a Tac Squad pops a Chimera with a meltagun, they sure as heck can can assault the guardsmen that bailed out.

+ Reply to Thread