Apocalypse Formations and upgrades Q - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    San Diego, California, USA
    2 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

149 (x3)

Apocalypse Formations and upgrades Q

For Apocalypse formations (this specific question is in regards to the Eldar Spirit Host - p144 of the Apocalypse book);

1) Can I deploy an IC attached to one of the squads within a Formation? Does is matter if they are held in strategic reserves?

2) Can a squad in a formation take upgrades like dedicated transports? For example can the Warlocks in the Spirit Host take a Wave Serpent, or Jetbikes?

For me in this case, I would like to attach a Farseer to the Warlock unit and put them either in a Wave Serpent or on Jetbikes. They will be held in strategic reserves and arrive via Flank March (behind the enemy, from their table edge...muhahahahaha).
    The Formation entry simply states:
    1 Warlock Unit (All warlocks must be spiritseers) and 3+ of the following: Wraithguard, Wraithlord.

Just noticed in Army Builder, that it does not allow the Warlocks to take Jetbikes or a Wave Serpent. It does, however allow the Wraithguard to take a WS. Not that AB is always accurate in the expansion bits.

Last edited by JMichael; May 12th, 2011 at 21:44.
    At the beginning of turn 1, I spray my opponent's army with the bacon flavored spray. Then I unleash my Boston Terrier Squiggoth who then devours their entire bacon flavored army! There is no defense against her cuteness! All are doomed!

2. Remove Advertisements

Bedford, UK
    8 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

403 (x8)

Usually it says if you can take major upgrades like bikes but the rules for the big stuff is a little fuzzy.

No problems with the IC though.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

+ Reply to Thread