Customized army units and point costs. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x0)

Customized army units and point costs.

I normally play by the book. I use the core rule book and codices as my bread and butter. But ever since I had started playing (about 3 years ago), a friend of mine continuously drills to try and use his own "Customized Leaders" and "Unique Vehicles". All of which were the child of his own imagination. It gets annoying, and we never let him do it. However, it does seem to be a decent idea for exhibition games and such. The only true problem is that nobody knows where he draws his point costs from. He makes up these numbers with his own personal math, yet nobody knows if he is getting more or less than what he is paying for.

If, perhaps, there is a generator, or guide to generate accurate point costs, we may just be able to finally let the guy do it. . . and even indulge in the act ourselves. So, if anyone has any helpful information that pertains to this subject, I would be most grateful if you were to share.

2. Remove Advertisements

This is for the haters... CrownAxe's Avatar
    3 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

192 (x4)

No. There are no rules given for creating your own units. Any rules or units you wish to use, add, and/or modify are up to your group to decided if and how they are played.

23 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

430 (x8)

There isn't anything for characters - best you can do for them is find the closest comparable character and pay over the odds for anything extra.

A custom vehicle ruleset did exist at one point - the VDR rules from white dwarf 252(UK) or 251(US), they may have been later reprinted but i'm not sure where.
    It was early 3rd edition though so the prices are very very high.

+ Reply to Thread