Bikes And Jump Packs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THis is a very standard question, Can bikes be in the same squads as models with jump packs?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, Simply put they are two different squad types. Thats like saying can I put scout squad and a tactical squad together

Aint gonna happen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, No, No I mean can I take (example) a sanguinary high priest on a bike and put him with a death company

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as I can tell an independent character may join a unit with a different type of movement (bike, foot, jetpack). There are certain characters that MUST purchase a particular type of movement if the squad/retinue/bodyguard they are with has that type of movement, but it is stated in the character's description. The rulebook even goes as far as to say "...the combined unit moves and assaults at the speed of the slowest model..." so be careful you don't trap your character into a bad situation.

I haven't really researched this answer, but so far can find nothing that says no. If anyone finds something please add it to this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would go with wolfraider and say yes, though obvously the bike cannot jump over terrain like the packs can so the IC would limit them. In addition, the bike would not be able to turbo boost since the jump packs do not have this ability. However, it does not really make sense how the unit would move. I mean the jump packs can't just move 12" on the ground, they do it ignoring terrain, but the bike does not so would the bike and jump packs have to move 6" each as this is the slowest type?(because the jump packers now have to walk.) Interesting question.
    The enemies of the Emperor fear many things. They fear discovery, defeat, despair and death. Yet there is one thing they fear above all others. They fear the wrath of the Space Marines!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x4)

Yes you can do this in order to cheese out the exsanguinator even more heh.. Since im sure thats the entire point of your question as I thought of that a long time ago

Sorta boring tho, super cheese honestly doesn't win you many games as in 4th edition the mission objectives > super units

+ Reply to Thread