Cover Save Clarification - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cover Save Clarification

Ok my question about cover saves is this. When a shooting unit is 2" (or less) inside the area terrain anything they shoot at doesn't get a cover save since they are "defending" the terrain. So what happens if 2 units are within the same area terrain (say ruins or large woods) and shoot at each other and on top of that they are within 2" of each other, Do they get cover saves or is the "defending" rule nullified due to being closer than 2"?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

I say that both units would get a cover save as the target unit is in cover. The fact that the firer too is in the same bit of cover shouldnt negate the save. The rule you mention it to stop a unit defending cover giving cover to every other tatget because of the tree at the edge of the woods from which you are firing out of. It also prevents the defenders from claiming they can fire at all opponents through any sized area terrain.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x3)

This is all covered on page 22.

Neither firing unit grants the target a cover save due to being in area terrain, however both have a cover save due to being in area terrain. Therefore, both would be able to claim cover saves. If you've ever played paintball in dense forest you'll get exactly how this works.
    "The sergeant major asked me what my job is. I told him it's to do what I am told. He gave me a medal. I like the Imperial Guard."
    "Innocentia Probat Nihil"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Stradius View Post
    If you've ever played paintball in dense forest you'll get exactly how this works.
    The trees are my friend!

+ Reply to Thread