Fast Transport - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fast Transport

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fast Transport

I did search for this, but couldn't find any results. Apologies if it is already listed somewhere...

If a Fast Transport (such as a Stormraven) moves "Flat Out" and is then shot down, what happens to the figures inside - and in the case of a Stormraven carrying a Dreadnought, what happens to that?
    A couple of my fellow club members agreed that the unit inside is destroyed, but there was a dispute about the Dreadnought... one thought that it would be destroyed like the carried unit, one thought that it would inflict a STR 4 hit on the Dread's rear armour.
    Anyone know the truth?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

This was covered in FAQs. The basics are this, if the storm raven is shot down after moving flat out on your opponents player turn you resolve the results like you do with any other transport to the squad inside. Wrecked result, forced disembarkment and a pinning test. Explosion, S4 AP - hit against all members inside the Transport, the explosion hits the Dreadnought on its rear armour.

If the dreadnought is immobilised from the S4 explosion then its destroyed as it cant disembark from the vehicle.

Now heres the important bit, if the storm raven gets wrecked after moving flat out on your player turn from getting immobilised from a dangerous terrain test for example, then the squad and dreadnought inside are destroyed immediately as the cannot disembark because the vehicle moved flat out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

136 (x3)

Ah - thanks for clearing that up for me. I knew that I read the FAQ wrongly in my head. Now my orks can actually move fast again!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

146 (x4)

No problem mate.

+ Reply to Thread