Imotekh the Stormlord and Disruption pods - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imotekh the Stormlord and Disruption pods

Imotekhs lord of the storm ability that causes a hit On a six but I was just wondering if these were effected by disruption pods?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

I would say that unless the rules state they are counted as shooting attacks that disruption pods do not work against it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

Currently no as it is not a shooting attack and does not say you may take cover saves. This may be FAQ'd, though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyman506 View Post
    Currently no as it is not a shooting attack and does not say you may take cover saves. This may be FAQ'd, though.
    I havent read the rule sinc eIm waiting on my copy of the codex to arrive but I'd find it difficult to believe that you wouldn't get a cover save especially if you were in area terrain when you consider the doom of malentai. Yes I know its a completely different model and rule but come on! You get a coversave from the Dooms life absorbing leadership role and not from this S8 attack? I find that hard to believe.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

92 (x2)

Looking at the book this very moment and it says "Whilst the night fighting rules remain in play roll a d6 for each unengaged enemy unit on the battlefield at the start of the necron shooting phase." - id say that infact it is a shooting attack as it occurs during the shooting phase. But i wouldn't be surprised if it gets covered in the FAQ.

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

The ability requires a dice roll, it has an unspecified (= unlimited, as suggested by the wording in the rule) range, it has a strength and AP and a random number of "shots"; it happens at the start of the Necron Shooting Phase. All of this would point me towards saying that it is indeed a shooting attack and that therefore Disruption Pods would be effective against it.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

If it is a shooting attack it would also depend on where the 'shots' are considered to have originated from. Is the Imotekh the source? It doesn't specify.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

92 (x2)

To be honest if it is classed as a shooting attack then the attacks could be originating from directly above the Tau vehicle and you could say they are generated within disruption pod range. Either way this will hopefully be covered in the next faq update.

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Even if it is a shooting attack disruption pods do not work against it. Why? The lightning isn't coming from the stormlord, it just hits a unit - given it specifies no distance (or even origin point) disruption pods can never prove to be more than 12" away and thus claim their save.

+ Reply to Thread