Moving on in Dawn of War - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moving on in Dawn of War

This has never happened, but we've been discussing it, and everyone has a different answer.

e.g
    A model with slow and purposeful is moving on in dawn of war. They roll a 1. Because it is a 40mm base, the model can not fit in the board. What happens? Is it destroyed?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

If I'm not mistaken, the FAQ says that any model incapable of making it completely onto the table is destroyed.
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah any models that dont fully make it on to the board are killed regardless of saves etc. therefore u'll be needing 2's at least to get on too the table
    Necrons 4000

High elves 5000

Tabletop Terraformer Tzeentch Lord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x4)

Wow, it dies just because it's base is a bit too big? That's harsh. :-/ Personally, I'd probably allow my opponent to put the model on the very edge of the board, if it didn't make it on fully.
    "Peace, through superior firepower."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch Lord View Post
    Wow, it dies just because it's base is a bit too big? That's harsh. :-/ Personally, I'd probably allow my opponent to put the model on the very edge of the board, if it didn't make it on fully.
    it depend if ur playing a friendly game or in a comp. most friendly games u'll be allowed but in a comp you wont be able too
    Necrons 4000

High elves 5000

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the GW staff said it's just put on touching the board edge, but if it's in the FAQ, then yeah

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with the facts above about being FAQ'd as destroyed but like most i find it a bit harsh. Also consider if playing on a dense terrain e.g. jungle setup with DT everywhere -- i'd suggest one of the following house rules:

1) As suggested above, use the board adge as a "minimum distance" so that larger models always make it to at leazst the board edge when moving on. This gives more advantage to larger bases (and lessened/no penalty for S&P) so there is also option 2:

2) If a reserve rolls too low to make it onto the board, they stay in reserve, and continue to remain off-board until they manage a high enough movement roll to get on. This is potentially both fairer and more reasonable, given that it is effectively slow movement which is preventing the arrival of the unit.
    There are three types of people in this world -- those who can count, and those who cannot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by wardo View Post
    it depend if ur playing a friendly game or in a comp. most friendly games u'll be allowed but in a comp you wont be able too
    Please learn to utilize the Shift key and familiarize yourself with punctuation. Additionally, "ur" and "u" really shouldn't be used in place of "your" and "you".

This will make your posts easier to read, and facilitate conversation with fellow forum users to quite a degree.
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

+ Reply to Thread