WD385 rules error or something else? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WD385 rules error or something else?

So I have just read the tactica Necrons in the current WD385. Two comments that make me think I have the rules wrong, or they are errors.

Firstly P66 sample army list includes one Overlord yet two Harbringers of Destruction. I was under the impression that only one type Harbringer was allowed per Royal court, and only one Royal court was allowed per Overlord.

Secondly and this may be a 6th edition slip up. P65 first column. I quote “ If you’re wanting to rush an objective it’s worth upgrading your Overlord to a Phaeron, so that he and his unit are Relentless. Not only does this allow you to keep shooting as they advance, but it also means they can rapid fire and charge in”

I never knew relentless permitted rapid fire and assault!

Any thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Tabletop Terraformer Tzeentch Lord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Dual Mass View Post
    So I have just read the tactica Necrons in the current WD385. Two comments that make me think I have the rules wrong, or they are errors.

Firstly P66 sample army list includes one Overlord yet two Harbringers of Destruction. I was under the impression that only one type Harbringer was allowed per Royal court, and only one Royal court was allowed per Overlord.
    This is a common misunderstanding of the rules for Harbingers.
    • One Royal Court per Overlord (some special characters are also Overlords).
    • You can have multiples of the same Harbinger in the same Royal Court, but their special wargear options (Solar Pulse, etc) can only be chosen once per court. The weapons they get when you upgrade them to a Harbinger (like the Eldritch Lance for the Harbinger of Destruction) are NOT the special wargear options (because they're not optional, the Harbinger has to take the weapon).

Secondly and this may be a 6th edition slip up. P65 first column. I quote “ If you’re wanting to rush an objective it’s worth upgrading your Overlord to a Phaeron, so that he and his unit are Relentless. Not only does this allow you to keep shooting as they advance, but it also means they can rapid fire and charge in”

Any thoughts?
    Yep, you can. You can fire heavy and rapid fire weapons and then also assault if you want to. Just get your rulebook out and read the Relentless special rule again.
    "Peace, through superior firepower."

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Yep, page 76 of the main rulebook "..and are also allowed to assault in the same turn they fire them."

edit - ninjaed

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

While WD always screws up rules in one way or another, both of the things outlined in the OP are 100% legal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks chaps for the prompt replies. I suspect the relentless/rapid fire rule slipped by as in our gaming group there are none of those combos in play, until now with the Necrons.

+ Reply to Thread